Need a slightly big screen

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hi

All of my free time is spent watching movies or playing games. I currently have a 15.6" laptop, and I want a bigger screen to connect it to the laptop using HDMI. I don't want a TV because that is completely useless to me as I never ever watch anything on cable. So, don't suggest a TV unless it is absolutely necessary.
What is the best monitor I can get for around 18k? Suggest the biggest size possible.

Few points:
- Size greater than 24" (Will I only get TVs above this size?)
- The picture quality in all fields must be great. I won't settle for anything which lacks much in any field, like color, contrast, brightness, color gamut, etc.
- FullHD screen (This is also a must)
- HDMI port
- I don't care for speakers, USB or other fancy stuff
- LED and IPS panels are preferred, but I'll be the only one using it so viewing angles don't need to necessarily matter much.
- Price can maximum be 20k. Can't go beyond that or I'll have to postpone my purchase.

Thank you.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
As you have asked to suggest the biggest size possible, you can look for Benq M2700HD or Asus VK278Q. These two might be a touch over 20k. The Benq one has a assortment of connectivity options, along with speakers, 4 USB ports and a remote too. The Asus one is a LED monitor with PIP and a 2.0MP webcam. Some Viewsonic models might be available also within your budget.

Else, you can easily pickup a 24" monitor within your budget. Benq G2420HD is a total VFM monitor which is available within 11k. Also consider Dell 2420L. If you can settle for a lower size then the excellent Dell U2311H is yours for 14k only.

Hope this will help. :)

Just noticed, Samsung India website has two new LED models: S27A550H is a 27" and S24A300B is a 24". MRP is listed as 20.5k and 16k respectively.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea about the 27" screens. Try to get some online reviews. I own a Benq G2420HD, it's superb. People also vouch for Dell U2311H which is an IPS panel with stunning quality. If you can spend 20-21k, get either of the 27". The Benq one looks to be a bit better, but it's not a LED screen.

OP
aniket.cain

aniket.cain

Padawan
Dell U2311H reviews say that it got very good image quality. I will certainly consider this as picture quality is the first and foremost requirement for me. But it has not got HDMI input. Will that be an issue? How do I connect it to my laptop?
Also suggest other monitors having similar or better quality. Thanks

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
AFAIK, an IPS panel like the Dell U2311H has an advantage in the accurate color production over normal LCD/LED panels. Now for games and movies, that hardly matters. You might be better off with a LCD/LED panel with better contrast, brightness etc.

Try the two 27" screens. Both seems good with ASUS one having some edge.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
AFAIK, an IPS panel like the Dell U2311H has an advantage in the accurate color production over normal LCD/LED panels.

Yes but they are also a little "Dull". For movies a larger TN is better than a smaller IPS.

For daily use IPS wins.

Get the Dell U2710. :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I was also saying the same.

Dell U2710 is way over OP's budget.

OP
aniket.cain

aniket.cain

Padawan
Apart from the viewing angles, can't I get the color and other image qualities of the Dell on other monitors? I just want the best quality of image produced. Much like an RGBLED screen. Rich vibrant colors covering most of the Adobe RGB Color Space.

Top Bottom