Need a Router With Good Range.... 8k Budget

funfex

Journeyman
Hi,

I am currently using the Cisco E1200.... however its range is not soo good and need to use 2 range extenders to get 2 the other end..... is there any good routers which provide really good range.... so atleast i can get rid of 1 range extender in between

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Difficult to answer.The thing is wifi range depends on many factors like design of house,construction material used,nearby sources of interference(electrical & wifi) etc.A well performing wifi router in one place may not work as well in another place.However usually it is recommended to get models with external antennas(E1200 lacks these).If possible try to get some 2 antenna N300 wifi router from friends/relatives to test by replacing E1200 & see whether a range extender can be removed.

P.S.8k routers are bought not for range but for speeds to perform tasks like full HD streaming over wifi to nearby multiple devices.

OP
F

funfex

Journeyman
Also do Powerlines work with our house wiring????

I anyways need to buy a new router (Cisco gettin hanged alot now days).

I basically keep my router on 24x7... So i need 1 which can handle the load... had a belkin before it got spoit within 7-8month

My Total Budget is 8k(can go above if worth it)... (only router or (router and 2 range extenders/powerlines which can broadcast on the same SSID)

- - - Updated - - -

These are a few i am looking at...:

Asus RTN14UHP vs Asus RT-AC55UHP vs TP Link Archer C7 vs TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Also i was wondering if the above routers have the option to Set Bandwidth Limit to Each Users (macfilter)

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think almost all good routers have bandwidth limiting option by linking internal ip with mac address.I suggest you to take a look at Home - SmallNetBuilder a very good site with lots of details in reviews of routers.

OP
F

funfex

Journeyman
I think almost all good routers have bandwidth limiting option by linking internal ip with mac address.I suggest you to take a look at Home - SmallNetBuilder a very good site with lots of details in reviews of routers.

Thanks ... Really Nice Site

Top Bottom