need a phone under 25k

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Xpiera Z showed poor results because it has a 1080p screen and same SoC as Nexus 4. In other words, Xperia Z has to render at a resolution of 1920x1080, while SP, N4 will only rendering at 720p. Pretty waste of a phone. I still don't understand what convinced Sony to release a 1080p phone with a S4 pro. While HTC and Samsung were releasing their phones with much powerful SoC.

So is SP is better than Z?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
For users like me. Apart from the sleek design, yea it is a let down. But there are few happy owners out there. And i am very happy that they like it.
Both Xperia SP & N4 are priced farely in my opinion.
Based on specs, hardware of N4 seems better on the following counts
1. Processor
2. Internal Memory
3. OS
4. Higher Resolution
5. Wireless Charging

Also, secondary camera of N4 is 1.3MP whereas its VGA for SP.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Check my battery usage. My shift is morning 8 to 5. Just came home. It serves easily a whole day and still it's remaining 72% :cool:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Both Xperia SP & N4 are priced farely in my opinion.
Based on specs, hardware of N4 seems better on the following counts
1. Processor
2. Internal Memory
3. OS
4. Higher Resolution
5. Wireless Charging

Also, secondary camera of N4 is 1.3MP whereas its VGA for SP.

1. Despite being Dual core, it performs neck to neck with SP. Yes, even in real life.
2. SP has expandable memory.
3. Yes. Plain android is always better than Skinned.
4. if you consider 48 more pixels on x axis. Yea. it has higher resolution
5. If you consider wireless charging as a deal breaker. Yea.

And don't forget Xperia SP is priced at ~20k. 5k less than Nexus 4.

I can write 10 sentences where xperia SP excels. I have posted them previously so, please check them out.

Check my battery usage. My shift is morning 8 to 5. Just came home. It serves easily a whole day and still it's remaining 72% :cool:

Thats great. Can't wait 4.3 to hit my i9505 and other phones. They might last last ages.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You know the problem ,where the actual problem lies? It is because we dont know what we actually need!More power more cores more ram.Heck do we actually need them?Will we ever utilize the 8 cores and 4 cores optimally let alone full fledged.Is it actually worth it to spend Rs 25K on a phone? @25K CAN ACTUALLY GET YOU a Maruti 800 or a Maruti 1000 albeit second hand.What is this quad and octa cores and SoC needed for after a point time its just for showing the might on synthetic benchmarks [My Phone strongest] and absolutely nothing else. Theres a over supply than the current demand.In actual use even a Mediatek with PowerVrSGX544 is more than enough. for eg I have a Hyundai Tab that has a Rockschip dual core with Mali 400MP [Quad] costs Rs 9K and does verything from1080p in HW+ in MX player to Batman The Dark Knight Rises to anything butter smooth. I never knew what lag was until i encountered absolute entry.mid entry level phones in android.

We are over looking something more than the redundant SoC here,something that we will use everyday. That is a Good large crisp display, battery ,build quality,camera and audio and a smart android integration minus bloatware. 45K for a phone,it a monster we created. Think about it.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
^prices have gone up. 100 rs is now 10 rs. mobile computing is the 'hot' stuff right now, you will not hear much about desktop computers or laptops but you will hear this n that in mobile computing every single day. now the time is that people are buying phones in goddamn "installments" :-D. these phones have become really smart & so with more power , the more demanding the apps have become & therefore the price. If you're really pissed off with this revolution , sue Apple.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
You know the problem ,where the actual problem lies? It is because we dont know what we actually need!More power more cores more ram.Heck do we actually need them?Will we ever utilize the 8 cores and 4 cores optimally let alone full fledged.Is it actually worth it to spend Rs 25K on a phone? @25K CAN ACTUALLY GET YOU a Maruti 800 or a Maruti 1000 albeit second hand.What is this quad and octa cores and SoC needed for after a point time its just for showing the might on synthetic benchmarks [My Phone strongest] and absolutely nothing else. Theres a over supply than the current demand.In actual use even a Mediatek with PowerVrSGX544 is more than enough. for eg I have a Hyundai Tab that has a Rockschip dual core with Mali 400MP [Quad] costs Rs 9K and does verything from1080p in HW+ in MX player to Batman The Dark Knight Rises to anything butter smooth. I never knew what lag was until i encountered absolute entry.mid entry level phones in android.

We are over looking something more than the redundant SoC here,something that we will use everyday. That is a Good large crisp display, battery ,build quality,camera and audio and a smart android integration minus bloatware. 45K for a phone,it a monster we created. Think about it.

If you have a Tab that you use, why is your signature stating the completely opposite.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Lol have you read the comments at all?? He was a stupid user... Coming from an i phone... :p

Now you came to the point. Didnt you read other comments stating that their battery was working fine?

No matter how good the phone is, it cannot satisfy each and every person. Just like N4 in my case and SP in your case and the OP of the thread you have posted. One has to weigh in the negatives and positives and take the decision.

Top Bottom