need a phone under 25k

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Please don't run in circles. N4 has a excellent dev support and will receive all major updates for next 1 year.

SP is a great phone that has hardware advantages over Nexus 4 and has a dirt cheap price point, Although it might be supported just until KLP and updates my take a while.

one have to take a decision on their own preference. Quick updates or better hardware.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
what are the results of different benchmarks like antutu?
i dont agree 1.7 Ghz dual core& 1 GB Ram can be called "better hardware" than 1.5 Ghz quad core & 2 GB Ram

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Jesus... just look at my previous posts.

Oh well, let me fetch it for you.

*m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_sp-review-924p5.php

See SP , literally kicking the butt of most of the quadcore phones.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Please don't run in circles. N4 has a excellent dev support and will receive all major updates for next 1 year.

SP is a great phone that has hardware advantages over Nexus 4 and has a dirt cheap price point, Although it might be supported just until KLP and updates my take a while.

one have to take a decision on their own preference. Quick updates or better hardware.

what better hardware ? N4 has better hardware than SP & even a noob man can tell that.. now I doubt that u dont drink !!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
what better hardware ? N4 has better hardware than SP & even a noob man can tell that.. now I doubt that u dont drink !!

I am just going to give you the same link. More ram != better performance in each and every case. There are lot more things to consider

RohanM

Cyborg Agent

Sony Xperia SP review: SPlendid - GSMArena.com

to prove the point, lets take core2duo & core2quad.. some benchmarks says dual is better at certain scenario but having 2 or 4 extra cores wont harm anything, it will needed in future games & apps.
like GTA 4 runs good on quad but sucks on dual core...

I am just going to give you the same link. More ram != better performance in each and every case. There are lot more things to consider

That does not mean 1 gig ram is better than 2 gig.. :noob:

Ram is needed for multitasking & many more things... people cry with 512 MB ram.. same will happen to 1 gig people after KLP

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
to prove the point, lets take core2duo & core2quad.. some benchmarks says dual is better at certain scenario but having 2 or 4 extra cores wont harm anything, it will needed in future games & apps.
like GTA 4 runs good on quad but sucks on dual core...

That does not mean 1 gig ram is better than 2 gig.. :noob:

Then why are s600, exynos 5 scoring better? Its because they are better quadcores.

Nexua 4 is a good quadcore. But SP's two cores are more efficient in both benchmarks and on real world. Most importantly, they are lite on battery, even more.. it is cheap.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Then why are s600, exynos 5 scoring better? Its because they are better quadcores.

Nexua 4 is a good quadcore. But SP's two cores are more efficient in both benchmarks and on real world. Most importantly, they are lite on battery, even more.. it is cheap.

I guess u havan't read the news about samsung cheating the benchmarks..
Read Here OR search Google baba

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Oh tell me how optimising a car to get better mileage at certain sitations is cheating just because others are not doing it.

Even if we come to your conclusion that optimising your chip for certain tasks is cheating and bad. Lets leave exynos 5 aside. How come s600 which is a quadcore is scoring better in respect to your core 2 quad and core 2 duo example.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Oh tell me how optimising a car to get better mileage at certain sitations is cheating just because others are not doing it.

Even if we come to your conclusion that optimising your chip for certain tasks is cheating and bad. Lets leave exynos 5 aside. How come s600 which is a quadcore is scoring better in respect to your core 2 quad and core 2 duo example.

Take Galaxy S3, I9300 Having 1 GB Ram, but due to lots of bloatware & touch wize user will get always 200-250 MB free Ram resulting in sucked multitasking & Lags..[Self Experience] ! GB ram is enough for Stock Pure android but for other phones their UI is the memory HOG.
I hope u are getting my point. [solution is to install custom Rom, but not everybody does that]
Now tell me where these benchmarks come in picture ??? No - what matters is real world performance....

Now, you are just making excuses. Go on. Have fun with your KLP.

No not making any excuse mate, think 4.3 was a miner update only but 5.0 will be huge... so if 4.3 can bring magic to battery life think of 5.0.. :cool:
Bhai agar google apne pe aa gaya to kuch bhi kar sakta hai, lekin baki companies nahi..

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
No - what matters is real world performance....

I have quoted benchmarks just because one of your Nexus worshipers asked for Antutu benchmarks as a proof. Xperia SP is not galaxy s3. Sony UI is not touchwiz. Stop generalizing.

No not making any excuse mate, think 4.3 was a miner update only but 5.0 will be huge... so if 4.3 can bring magic to battery life think of 5.0.. :cool:

Yes... 5.0 will be awesome. Which Xperia SP will get. Even though for some weird reason Sony wishes to discontinue the phone, there is FXP. So, no worries there.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
I have quoted benchmarks just because one of your Nexus worshipers asked for Antutu benchmarks as a proof. Xperia SP is not galaxy s3. Sony UI is not touchwiz. Stop generalizing.

Yes... 5.0 will be awesome. Which Xperia SP will get. Even though for some weird reason Sony wishes to discontinue the phone, there is FXP. So, no worries there.

I never fall for benchmark scores.. & GS 3 was example that 1 gig ram can suck ... 2gb > 1 gb & thats the truth...

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I never fall for benchmark scores.. & GS 3 was example that 1 gig ram can suck ... 2gb > 1 gb & thats the truth...

If one don't know how to maintain a phone, even 3GB of ram is not enough for them. I have I9505 running on stock, and 2GB is a over kill. Almost 90% of the time my usage will be under 800MB. Even if I have couple of games left in the background. As I said, it all depends on how well you maintain your phone. I have seen people who made the HTC One lag. Sloppy users get sloppy phones because of their usage.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
If one don't know how to maintain a phone, even 3GB of ram is not enough for them. I have I9505 running on stock, and 2GB is a over kill. Almost 90% of the time my usage will be under 800MB. Even if I have couple of games left in the background. As I said, it all depends on how well you maintain your phone. I have seen people who made the HTC One lag. Sloppy users get sloppy phones because of their usage.

It's not about maintenance, GS3 was same when I first unboxed it, same lag & suck multitasking. because of samsung crap apps & touch wiz.

My N4 is having 1.2 Gig free always, just because of stock android. but the ram will make it's use when playing games & multitasking & also will take advantage when next major update will hit.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
It's not about maintenance, GS3 was same when I first unboxed it, same lag & suck multitasking. because of samsung crap apps & touch wiz.

Well, I do agree that TouchWiz is a malware. You can always install nova/apex and freeze samsung apps. It would have made your S3 fly. Even though few people may have different opinion I strongly feel that S3 is a gem of a phone without touchwiz.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Well, I do agree that TouchWiz is a malware. You can always install nova/apex and freeze samsung apps. It would have made your S3 fly. Even though few people may have different opinion I strongly feel that S3 is a gem of a phone without touchwiz.

Yeah it's a gem phone. But I sold it as my motherboard f/w ver was the one which are having SDS issues. [Sudden Death]
I hate samsung for not launching I9305 in India that has 2 gig of ram...

where did u get I9505 ?? It's not launched in India I guess.

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

Sony Xperia SP review: SPlendid - GSMArena.com

Including Sony's own flagship Xperia Z. So, not sure what's going on there :chinscratch:

hmm

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yeah it's a gem phone. But I sold it as my motherboard f/w ver was the one which are having SDS issues. [Sudden Death]
I hate samsung for not launching I9305 in India that has 2 gig of ram...

where did u get I9505 ?? It's not launched in India I guess.

Yes not in india. I got it from a ebay reseller. At&t version.

Including Sony's own flagship Xperia Z. So, not sure what's going on there :chinscratch:

Xpiera Z showed poor results because it has a 1080p screen and same SoC as Nexus 4. In other words, Xperia Z has to render at a resolution of 1920x1080, while SP, N4 will only rendering at 720p. Pretty waste of a phone. I still don't understand what convinced Sony to release a 1080p phone with a S4 pro. While HTC and Samsung were releasing their phones with much powerful SoC.

Top Bottom