Need a phone for text messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I need a phone only for text messages and dual SIM...please suggest me from your experiences which one will be the best to use for text messaging feature and dual SIM....no other features needed like mp3 ringtones,camera,3g gprs etc...I only need a phone which has nice keypad and easy to type text messages except Sony and Samsung coz there keypad are not user friendly :D...Please help me out..

If you wanna only send SMSes, and can avoid dual sim consider Nokia 1203. It has an AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE keypad for texting. If you are buying 2 sims only for texting, then instead get STel or Reliance's 500 sms/day pack. Reliance pricing is Re.1/day and STel is even cheaper. 500/day local/national is enough for most ppl.

Otherwise, take a look at some of the cheaper Spice phones. There is one which is QWERTY keypad type and costs around 2.4k. Forgot model no so pls google around. It is a dual sim. If you are into qwerty phones give this a serious look.

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
Thank you gautham for the prompt reply..I have checked the 1203 model as u suggested..Can u tell me how many messages it can store as I am unable to find this information.. I am using Idea SMS pack which gives me 1000 messages/day..So messaging pack wont be a problem...I am looking for a dual SIM as I never tried it though :D

Currently, I am using Nokia 5800XM and touchscreen phones are not good enough for SMSes...

Is this the Spice model you are talking about :
*www.priceindia.in/mobile-phone/spice-qt-44-price-india/

What do u suggest ?? Is it easy to type messages @QWERTY as I never tried the QWERTY stuff...Should I go for qwerty phone or 1203 ?? Any final reviews please ?

Storage won't be much just 60 on phone but you need to delete regularly.
But for a phone with a really comfy large keypad like 1202 and 1203, priced at Rs. 1050, its really worth it.

Check out Nokia 1661 (has additional option of hands free and radio) @ Rs. 1350 which has 250 sms storage if you need higher capacity.

Or Nokia 2323 which has 10mb space for sms'es which is quite large (loads of saved messages). But phone is 2.3k not worth it at all if you only need a SMS'ing machine.

If you wanted to save sms'es all you would need to do is to forward them to the 5800xm phone anyway :p

So I suggest Nokia 1202 or 1203. Diff b/w them is the keypad goes inwards in 1202 and bulges outwards in 1203. Try both since which to prefer is completely subjective and finger dependent.

Either phone (a "basic phone") has way more comfortable keypad than most other nokia phones I have used to be honest. Big and comfy even for fat fingers like mine. Similar league as Nokia 3110c or 3500c.

Dual sim without reason is pointless.

Yeah its the same spice phone. But qwerty is extremely subjective. Many swear by it (ask QwertyManiac of our forum) others are really uncomfortable with it since it takes a lot of time getting used to. I prefer using T9 dictionary always for messaging since its damn fast.

azzu

AJJU
Micromax Q5 excellent sms phone (but has all other Mutimedia features too)
or also have a look at olive's Messenger fones there great for SMS'ing

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
Storage won't be much just 60 on phone but you need to delete regularly.
But for a phone with a really comfy large keypad like 1202 and 1203, priced at Rs. 1050, its really worth it.

Check out Nokia 1661 (has additional option of hands free and radio) @ Rs. 1350 which has 250 sms storage if you need higher capacity.

Or Nokia 2323 which has 10mb space for sms'es which is quite large (loads of saved messages). But phone is 2.3k not worth it at all if you only need a SMS'ing machine.

If you wanted to save sms'es all you would need to do is to forward them to the 5800xm phone anyway :p

So I suggest Nokia 1202 or 1203. Diff b/w them is the keypad goes inwards in 1202 and bulges outwards in 1203. Try both since which to prefer is completely subjective and finger dependent.

Either phone (a "basic phone") has way more comfortable keypad than most other nokia phones I have used to be honest. Big and comfy even for fat fingers like mine. Similar league as Nokia 3110c or 3500c.

Dual sim without reason is pointless.

Yeah its the same spice phone. But qwerty is extremely subjective. Many swear by it (ask QwertyManiac of our forum) others are really uncomfortable with it since it takes a lot of time getting used to. I prefer using T9 dictionary always for messaging since its damn fast.

Thank you so much for explaining so well...

Big and comfy even for fat fingers like mine.
You got my point as I too have fat fingers :D

Great Idea :)):))

Also, it wont be easy to carry 5800xm and a qwerty phone..So, I am going to mobile store tomorrow and will choose either 1202 or 1203...I think qwerty is not for me :D

Thanks again for helping me out !!

OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
bought 1203 for myself and spice qt44 for girlfriend..as we both are text savvy and using 5800xm...lol the best part @MetalheadGautham my gf doesnt like the qwerty and its cheaply build...but im loving my nokia :D:D

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey u mean ur nokia types faster and easier then spice qt44...how?? is the spice keys too hard...or there is too much lag?

kindly tell me

CA50

Cyborg Agent
try LG Gxxx (forgot the exact model no ), its good for messaging. The keypad is quite large and the main thing is that is very cheap only 1150/-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom