Need a new phone,which one??

Which one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hey guys i am using nokia7610 for now ,a real good phone,but now wanna buy a new one.The option are 3230,6630 and 7710 all three are good but not able to decide which one....anyone got a chance to lay hands on 7710 then pls let me know ur experience with it.Is i download games,themes,wallpapers,etc as i would on 7610 without any problem...
The problem with 7710 is that its camera is of 1mp compared to 1mp of the other two and also its resolution is a bit lesser than that of the others,does these make a great difference to the clarity of the camera,the omages or is negligible...

I have the information of these handsets but still not able to decide.Anyone with practicle idea would help me better ,so pls help out guys and soon.Also pls provide me the prices of these sets.

Tnxx

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I too am a nokia fan but am changing my loyalties soon. What i suggest is wait for the Sony k750i or the w800. Nokia has no handset that comes even close to these sets, and they will be available next month so wait and in the mean time check out their featurs and droooooollll.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
7710 has 1mp but it's LCD is bigger and better than 6630 or 3230. It has PDA applications as well (like emailing and internet browsing).
Consider this:
* 7710 has more memory than 6630 has (90mb int +128mb MMC to 10mb int + 64mb MMC)
* It has a touch screen as well. So u can take notes with it.

In case u want to choose from 3230 and 6630:
Go for 3230, if u want to use it for multimedia purposes, 3230 got MP3 player and FM, which 6630 lacks (but both can be incorporated using 3rd party software).
3230 has a bad keypads and it's a bit bulky. 3230 costs rs. 18k or so and 6630 costs 21k or so..., so decide between these two...., i would go for 3230 :p

@pradeep, man wherever i see a thread about cell phones, i see u posted wait and go for SE's yet to be released K750i or w800 ;)

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I cant help it i told you i am crazy for the stuff. Anyway i hope i am not getting on your nerves. sorry if i am, tell me something bad about my choice and i will drop it and the stupid posts i make...

aadipa

Padawan
3230 has motion sensor.
you may find some good games with it. it also has a AgentV game that demonstrates the motion sensor thinggy... else it is nearly same as 7610.

7710 is like PDA with handwriting recognization.

hbk88in

Broken In
dude i suggest that you go for the 3230 only
firstly, its got all the features of 6630(cept the 3G one's obviously) + FM and something called Visual Radio.
The keys on the 3230 are good and big, not all stuck together like the 7610. I dunno which one you find more attractive, but if ure not planning on using Mobile Broadband thing, i suggest you go for the 3230 and save up around 3.5k.
and as for waiting for the K750 and/or W800, dont if ure looking for a smartphone. The application reach of the SonyEricsson's is minimal. If ure not bothered about the application compatibility and reach, then you can wait for the Sony Ericsson's.
-Anish

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
hbk88in said:
The keys on the 3230 are good and big, not all stuck together like the 7610.
LOL, the keypads of the 3230 is not that good. Copare that with 6610 (or 6600) and see the difference. A member (Darklord) also said the same thing, the keypad of 3230 is bad (compared to other nokia phones).

hbk88in said:
and as for waiting for the K750 and/or W800, dont if ure looking for a smartphone. The application reach of the SonyEricsson's is minimal. If ure not bothered about the application compatibility and reach, then you can wait for the Sony Ericsson's.
Yeah, u can go for SE only if u want a phone which has multimedia purpose..., u got get symbian for k750i or w800.

chinmay

Journeyman
hey maan...m usin 7710 currently...if u wanna get it lemme tell u 1 thing...in the beginnin u will hate this phone...its almost impossible to dial numbers....then there is no cursive writing recognition i.e. letters need to be seperated...thats why messaging also seems to be a pain...thirdly there are no free softwares n games available for this phone currently on any site on the net...so u wont be able to make much use of the wide screen...but now when 1 has already spent his hard earned 29k for this gadget he cant help it and continues to use it....and after a fortnight or so u'll start feeling that the phone is not that bad...u'll start getting used to the stylus for dialling no.(still a guy with nokia 3315 will dial no.s much faster than u will)...slowly the phone will get used to your writing pattern n all....n i believe nokia will enable cursive writin in next firmware upgrade....and around in a month or so u'll start loving this phone when u'll understand it completely and learn about all its pda functions...ur life will seem to be impossible without it then...so in the end i conclude that 7710 is not a very good phone for ppl who'll be using handhelds 4 the first time....but if u hv alrdy used a pda or somethin b4 then this phone is really really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom