Need a new phone for Max 20K

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
1. Budget? -- Max 20K
2. Display type and size? - Above 5 Inches with the best possible resolution
3. Dual sim? - Don't care
4. Preferred choice of brand? - The anroid standards and Xaomi,Huwaei,One Plus.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? - Don't care
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). - ANDROID
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). - 3G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Multimedia Consumption
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration : No

I cannot emphasize this point enough. I need good screen. Low black levels and excellent contrast.

Thanks !

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Get Oneplus One (64 GB)

One plus One does not have a good display, a black level of 0.54 is unacceptable when the best IPS LCD(LG G2,HTC One M8) screens have a black level of 0.1.

For me display is of the PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE. Any other suggestions

mitraark

Decrepit
The display of OnePlus One isn't that bad :(

I use my phone for watching videos mostly. Z Ultra is really good, but LG IPS was definitely more bright with less vibrant but more natural colors.

OnePlus One would be best because of it's power, battery and VFM factor.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
One plus One does not have a good display, a black level of 0.54 is unacceptable when the best IPS LCD(LG G2,HTC One M8) screens have a black level of 0.1.

For me display is of the PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE. Any other suggestions
LG G2 (32 GB) from geb.ebay.in for 15k

$hadow

Geek in making
Basically you are looking for Amoled panel.
You already said that you are looking for a android phone but I would still insist on checking out lumia 730.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
What about the Samsung Galaxy S4 black edition and the Mi 4 64 GB.Both have nice screens ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
What about the Samsung Galaxy S4 black edition and the Mi 4 64 GB.Both have nice screens ?

S4? Seriously?
It should've been discontinued a year ago and certainly isn't worth mentioning along side Oneplus One and Mi 4 because of the VFM hardware they offer.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes, get the S4. You know that it has a great display! Or increase your budget a bit and get the S5!

I had the S5, sold it due to some cash crunch.

- - - Updated - - -

If OP can increase the budget, he should get the LG G3 for that QHD screen. [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] has bought the 32 GB version recently.

G3 again has a bad display, the brightness and resolution is good but black levels are poor again

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I had the S5, sold it due to some cash crunch.

Well then I guess its time to buy it back :)

If you had the S5 and had actually stared at the display for more than half an hour then no phone in this world exists which could satisfy you.

PS: Except Note 4 and S6 obviously.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Well then I guess its time to buy it back :)

If you had the S5 and had actually stared at the display for more than half an hour then no phone in this world exists which could satisfy you.

PS: Except Note 4 and S6 obviously.

Well, got bored of S5. Want to try something different now.And you are right, I didn't realize how bad the displays were on the other phones until I used the S5.

Anything with stock anroid that gives me what I need ?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well, got bored of S5. Want to try something different now.And you are right, I didn't realize how bad the displays were on the other phones until I used the S5.

Anything with stock anroid that gives me what I need ?

Nah! The closest match would be the HTC M series. Honestly that's the most saturated IPS panel I have ever seen, better than those iPhones. So if you want a IPS panel then go that way. Stock Android means Motorola only, and I don't want to comment about Motorola's displays, I mean I couldn't even bear the display, awful would be an understatement, especially for someone who is used with Samsungs. What else is there? Um, nothing comes in mind, at least nothing from any major brand. Well you can go for those Xiaomi, LG stuffs, have no idea really.

the.one

In the zone
Nah! The closest match would be the HTC M series. Honestly that's the most saturated IPS panel I have ever seen, better than those iPhones. So if you want a IPS panel then go that way. Stock Android means Motorola only, and I don't want to comment about Motorola's displays, I mean I couldn't even bear the display, awful would be an understatement, especially for someone who is used with Samsungs. What else is there? Um, nothing comes in mind, at least nothing from any major brand. Well you can go for those Xiaomi, LG stuffs, have no idea really.

Moto's displays that bad? Including moto x?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Moto's displays that bad? Including moto x?

I was talking about Moto X only (2013), and if I read reviews right then 2014 is NOT a step up other than the increased resolution. I shouldn't talk about other phones as I have no experience with them.

No the display is more than bad man, it's garbage. You can actually see the vertical lines on the display, now I don't care about what those are, but they were there, and that's all. In my whole life I honestly have never seen a poor display like that. It was the main reason for me to sell that, along with the awful camera, other things were good though, especially the call quality. Otherwise who wants to come back to TW after using Stock Android!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
yuck samsung? good displays? nah
Ive seen both OPO and S4 side by side
One Plus One display is pretty good unless compared to G3's QHD display

Who in their right mind would buy samsung over One Plus One :facepalm:

I personally hate android and chinese brands but if theres one i would buy- its OPO
its proven itself very well

samsung display and camera is oversaturated and unnatural colours
not good at all imho

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
yuck samsung? good displays? nah
Ive seen both OPO and S4 side by side
One Plus One display is pretty good unless compared to G3's QHD display

Who in their right mind would buy samsung over One Plus One :facepalm:

I personally hate android and chinese brands but if theres one i would buy- its OPO
its proven itself very well

samsung display and camera is oversaturated and unnatural colours
not good at all imho

The display of One plus one has pathetic black levels.0.39 at 50% brightness and 0.54 at 100% brightness whereas the LG G2 display has 0.1 at 50% brightness and 0.4 at 100%.

This kind of display is not at all good for multimedia consumption. I borrowed a colleague's OPO and played "The Dark Knight" on it.

MY GOD ! was the night a grey haze !!!!.

The display of the OPO is not at all suitable for me and therefore for me it is not a proposition at all, leave alone a value proposition.

Top Bottom