In the zone
Budget <10k

Phone should be smaller than a nexus 4
dual sim doesn't matter
Well known brands preferred
-camera not important, should get the job done. front cam would be nice-
-preferably android-
3G support minimum.
Internet, messaging. Should not slow down if multitasking (music+browser+messaging)

Moto E 2015 4G
I have ruled out almost all other phones because of their big screen sizes.

Another important thing is dev support. Would like to have CM, AOKP, PAC support in case I need to ditch stock.
Was thinking of buying the 4G model because of the faster chipset. USB OTG is an added bonus.
Will it have better dev support vs the 3g model?

Only worried a bit about the front camera.
Pls recommend any other phone, small in size ~iphone5/5S size. Max nexus 4

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Budget <10k

Phone should be smaller than a nexus 4
dual sim doesn't matter
Well known brands preferred
-camera not important, should get the job done. front cam would be nice-
-preferably android-
3G support minimum.
Internet, messaging. Should not slow down if multitasking (music+browser+messaging)

Moto E 2015 4G
I have ruled out almost all other phones because of their big screen sizes.

Another important thing is dev support. Would like to have CM, AOKP, PAC support in case I need to ditch stock.
Was thinking of buying the 4G model because of the faster chipset. USB OTG is an added bonus.
Will it have better dev support vs the 3g model?

Only worried a bit about the front camera.
Pls recommend any other phone, small in size ~iphone5/5S size. Max nexus 4

Well Moto E is the logical choice but if you want a front camera- Moto G2 for a bit more money

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Zenfone 5 is too big, and so is the moto g2.

How is the Redmi 2 dev support? Service in India?
Checked CM, PAC, AOKP: no redmi 2 support.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
If you want a good brand other than xiomi redmi, micromax etc.
Then go for Samsung galaxy s3 neo if you can get it. It's just a capable lite version of there flagship s3 with more ram at 1.5 GB and quad core processor. Pretty capable 8MP snapper at back and 1.9 at front. Check other specs as well. It have good developer support at xda. It comes with kitkat and you should be able to get it around 11k price point after discount.

No need to go for redmi and micromax. Go with a good brand. And at 11k it's a steal. Beats or matches micromax and xiomi even moto g at that price point hardware wise as well.

Last edited:
OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
I'm worried a bit about service centers, and some users seem to be complaining of battery/heating issues.

The moto e is fine; except for the cameras. Why Motorola, why? :cry:

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
I'm worried a bit about service centers, and some users seem to be complaining of battery/heating issues.

The moto e is fine; except for the cameras. Why Motorola, why? :cry:

Compromises have to be made somewhere at that price range. You have to decide whether looks are more important or ASS or brand and other hardware specs are important.

Redmi have the looks and specs but falls short in brand image/perception and ASS. Chinese brands mobiles doesn't usually have a worthwhile ASS. That's why they are cheaper. In case some problem occurs than be ready to either buy a new one. Or if you are lucky then you might as well get a replacement after a lot of follow ups and time hassles.

With renowned brands like Samsung, Sony, Nokia there is a definite chance that you would receive a proper replacement or repair if the warranty terms are met. The same cannot be said about these micromax, lava and xiomi.
So it's your choice at the end. Evaluate the pros and cons according to your risk taking capability.

Top Bottom