need a new motherboard

phil2097

Broken In
i got an amd 960T phenom II cpu need a good motherboard for max 10k budget
i need xfire dual X16 will probably consider x16 and x8 too as per estimate the loss is about 5-6%
any suggestions?

msi 990fxa gd 65
asus 990fx
biostar 990fxe (the cheapest so far)
gigabyte 990fx

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't know about other boards but the biostar board is a nice board and has got nice reviews. Why don't you give proper names of the boards, that will us a better idea.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
All the mobos you mentioned apart from the ta990fxe are above 10k. The best would be gigabyte 990xa ud3. It is under 10k and is a really nice overclocker.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I don't know about other boards but the biostar board is a nice board and has got nice reviews. Why don't you give proper names of the boards, that will us a better idea.

With due respect, most of the biostar board, are crap.
Buy Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, the best ~10K board based on 990fx chipset.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
^^D6bmg, man i know biostar boards ain't that good, i was just speaking what i saw in the reviews. Its a good budget board and is not like other biostar boards. Btw the 'ud' series have always been great. And also suggested in my second post. But where did u find the 990fx ud3 for 10k?

OP
phil2097

phil2097

Broken In

ok i can try and rope in another 2k and go till 12k
and list-

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 ~9300/-
Biostar TA990FXE ~8500/-
MSI 990FX-GD65 ~10800/-
Asus M5A99X EVO ~11000/-

All the mobos you mentioned apart from the ta990fxe are above 10k. The best would be gigabyte 990xa ud3. It is under 10k and is a really nice overclocker.

assuming the crossfire in x8 mode doesn't hinder performance
hmm im trying to find and comparison for x16 mode and x8 mode
any suggestions?

the MSI 990fxa gd65 has dual x16 crossfire and have seen really good reviews
any suggestions for that?
even i checked the reviews for biostar but i don't know, haven't used one and have no friends using it so im a bit skeptical
the asus board on the other hand has three pcie slots running at x16, x8, and x4

might go for either the MSI or the Asus board

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
The msi has a better chipset 990fx compared to the asus board. But both the mobos are good. The difference b/w x16 sli/cfx and dual x8 is not much and is just 5-6 fps. You can google for different pci-e speed comparisons.

OP
phil2097

phil2097

Broken In
^^ thanks man for the advice and all you guys too....
i just came back from nehru place (delhi) i can get the MSI board for 9.6k tax paid
and the asus is for 10.5 tax paid
i really love the UEFI bios though for asus (its wicked!!!) but the MSI recent bios update is good too

unless Asus brings down the price i will go for the kill with MSI although i have to wait for 2-3 days as there is no msi 990fxa gd65 in the market (strange)

will update soon..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^Overpriced for sure. Get it from here.

I was talking about Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, nit the biostar one.

Buy that Gigabyte board (i.e. Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3) IMHO.

But MSI 990FX-GD65 @9.6K is a pretty good deal to consider.

OP
phil2097

phil2097

Broken In
thanks for all the help mates....im going for the MSI 990fxa gd65
investing the rest on the Thermaltake Bigwater 760 plus who a friend will be getting it in august
freaking hard to get a good looking water cooler in india apart from the corsair and antec models, had a word with people from OverclockersZone (authorized dealer of Thermaltake in india) and they don't have it and no idea when they will have it

will post performance soon...CHEERS!!!!

OP
phil2097

phil2097

Broken In
@ d6bmg, love to go the corsair way but i like the uv tubing and the feel if the transparent tubes. would love to create a custom loop, but its going to be way over budget...will think of something!!

Top Bottom