Broken In
Today i finally got my new config,which is
intel core i3+DH55TC(11k)
kingston 2gb ddr3(2.8k)
sapphire HD5670 1 gb(6.9k)
cooler master 500w(2.8k)
cabinet with 2 fans(1.1k)
but the problem is i have HDD which are not SATA,and this board only supports
SATA.....so sooner i'm planing to buy new SATA HDD.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Today i finally got my new config,which is
intel core i3+DH55TC(11k)
kingston 2gb ddr3(2.8k)
sapphire HD5670 1 gb(6.9k)
cooler master 500w(2.8k)
cabinet with 2 fans(1.1k)
but the problem is i have HDD which are not SATA,and this board only supports
SATA.....so sooner i'm planing to buy new SATA HDD.

true. Intel H55 got no IDE port. they even choose not to include a JMicron onboard chip for enabling IDE & 6gbps sata ports.

& you did a bit mistake, getting a Cooler Master 500W is not good thing. from price i sure its the buggy Extreme Power PSU. just know it won't be with you for long even if its 500W, under load theres full chance it'll go bad. & may damage your pc components also.

also the number of fans not shows how good a cabby is. its the build, quality of materials used that matters mainly.

anyway congrats on the new build.

OP
M

medmonster

Broken In
i was a bit confuse while purchasing smps, but i also asked many guyz wont the extra power harm anything,everybody suggests that smps gives power as per their need.....IS it such a big mistake??
N yes,i'm also thinkin about IDE to SATA adapter,so that i can use my older HDD.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i was a bit confuse while purchasing smps, but i also asked many guyz wont the extra power harm anything,everybody suggests that smps gives power as per their need.....IS it such a big mistake??
N yes,i'm also thinkin about IDE to SATA adapter,so that i can use my older HDD.

just keep your fingers crossed. have you bought a AMD Phenom II proccy + some good graphics card like GTS250 + an ATX mobo, i can assure you, you'll have to send your PSU for RMA within 1st week, if not the whole pc. as the power demand of your rig is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, low. you relatively safe, kind of.

its not that the 100% of CM Extreme Power PSU goes bad, but the rate is real high. as high as the unlocking chance of Phenom II X2 proccies. so you can understand what i mean. but you did 1 good thing of getting a high rated PSU. this should save you (& your PSU).

OP
M

medmonster

Broken In
@sam's....hey is there something i can do to save myself,but as i told you every1 out there (in nehru place) said its completely safe...nothing to worry about...and i think the power consumption is not as low as u think,i guess.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam's....hey is there something i can do to save myself,but as i told you every1 out there (in nehru place) said its completely safe...nothing to worry about...and i think the power consumption is not as low as u think,i guess.

visit this site: Cooler Master PSU calculator. & check your total estimated power consumption.

i think you safe but i will never put a 100% safe tag on your PC. Extreme Power PSU are very doubtful. you may PM a member of this forum, asigh. & he may advice you if your pc really in risk. he got very good knowledge about PSUs.

& as for the vendors. they say anything. they will even say a 7600GT is better than a 9600GT anyday to an unaware customer. thats why we have this forum. to make peoples aware of whats good & whats not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom