Need a mobile within 12K

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
hi guys, I am looking to buy a new mobile. currently I own a cybershot K790i. It is a great phone to own but the problem with it is the speaker volume. Call volume is so low that I can not make/receive calls when outside without headphones. And I am not comfortable carrying my headphones all the time. So I have decided to change my mobile.

Now I need a decent to good camera, good music player and good battery back up. And the call must be able to do the basic tasks of a cell, calling and smsing without problems.

And I have two choices in mind,
1. Nokia 6700 classic and
2. SE Yari

I can not decide between the two. Please help me to choose and you can also suggest other options if any.

Thanks and regards,

Soumya

khmadhu

change is constant!!
SE yari will cost u more around 15 k, and Nokia 6700 is somewhat old..

better choose nokia 5800 xpress music (around 13k). tt has every features..

well i am going to buy this month. mine is very old SE j230i :p.

5800 has everything.3g,wifi,GPS.3.2 MP cam, and moreover touchscreen.
now i can download everything directly to my mobile using my home wifi :)

what else u want..?

well if u still think this is costly then u can look at nokia 5230 (around 7.5k) or samsung corby. (around 12k).

Last edited:

napster007

Padawan
but there is a downside to it.... personally after using the 5800 for about a month i feel that it is slow, and when i say it i mean it! it lags when the memory is towards full. U can also try the corby pro. it has a beter response and also fits ur budget.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@napster

I think u have not updated the firmware to v40. nokia has released this version to improve memory efficiency.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
@ khmadhu : I also have used that j230i.

I asked at mobile store and they are saying Yari costs rs.12,200 at bangalore. and as for nokia 5800xm, its cam is not good enough. that is only thing stops me from buying this cell.

and any idea about the pricing of samsung s7350 ultra??

khmadhu

change is constant!!
i dont think so.. becoz 5800 has cam with flash. which gives more brightness to picture.

about SE yari
which mobile store u asked..? univercell says it costs around 14k!?.

about samsung s7350: the price is around 14k-15k.

ask in sangeetha... they offer good price.. :)

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
nokia n79 is available at around 15k. and that is a lil out of my budget. thats why i am looking others. if its within 13k, then i will go for it

Tamoghno

Padawan
last i heard N79's price was between 12.8K to 13.5K (depending on city) . at that price no other phone can beat it .

also the the camera quality is improved quite a bit in newest firmware (v32) , so just go for it .

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Actually I have gone through the user opinions about N79 at gsmarena. Can any N79 user let me know about the clarity and loudness of call volume. Is there any problem listening to it in a noisy environment?

sbhas2k

Broken In
go for i5700 samsung... worth a steal at that price :)

Also u can check out LG gt505.. with 5MP cam n all.. nice one... If it has android OS, i would've bought it for sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom