Need a mobile - max 36k

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Hi guys,

After updating the desktop, looking to update my mobile.
Currently I am using a Xperia Arc. However, seems it is time to upgrade. With very less dev support now and no more updates, it has almost reached its EOL.

Currently I am looking for a new handset.
Lets start with the standard first:

1. Budget? - max 36k
2. Display type and size? - No preference
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? - Sony / Samsung / HTC
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) - touch / qwerty
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - front facing is not really required
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - 3G / wifi both
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? -
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - Mails sync all day / out of the box codec support for avi/mkv etc / Camera / always connected Internet
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Note 2
12. Any other info that you want to share - Yes

I have 36k left to spend on a mobile. However, it a mobile can fulfill my requirements at 15K, I will get that.

I want a phone all my applications and some of the games that I play to run smoothly [temple run lags on my arc] and with some future updates / decent dev support.
Camera and 3G is required. Wifi is not necessary.
A bigger battery is a must as mails will sync for me all day nad display will be on 40-50% of the time.
The handset should be strong enough to handle the abuses. Last night I was checking the S3 at EZone, Mani Sq. Mall, Kolkata - and the condition of the back cover of the set is pathetic and that was a demo piece:shock:

I am looking at Note 2 and xperia S.

For Note 2
+(ve)
Big screen
RAM (2GB)
hell lot of codec support
running on 4.1 already

-(ve)
Too large. Something compact would have been better.

For Xperia:

I like the UI, nice and smooth.
But dont know how many more updates Sony will bring. Also the hardware is pretty old already and in one years time, it is also going to lag like the Arc.

One more question, how long will it take before any A15 / Kraits based mobiles are available in India?

Thanks for reading. Your help and suggestions are highly appreciated.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Nexus 4, well not interested in LG.
Regarding HTC droid dna and Xperia Yuga - how long will it take them to launch? Are they gonna come at all?
I was waiting for the Xperia T/TX - seems they wont be launched.

praveen55

Broken In
note 2 is very good option and it has better software support from sammy..if u want to wait for droid dna or xperia t, u'll end up waiting..i was waiting for droid dna and xperia t and sent several mails to sony and htc..they said no information about launching..xperia s is good option but think about software support and battery life..it wont be getting anything beyond jellybean..not a future proof...

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
note 2 is very good option and it has better software support from sammy..if u want to wait for droid dna or xperia t, u'll end up waiting..i was waiting for droid dna and xperia t and sent several mails to sony and htc..they said no information about launching..xperia s is good option but think about software support and battery life..it wont be getting anything beyond jellybean..not a future proof...

Exactly my thoughts Praveen, thanks

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
if you are spending so much money then why not to wait for couple of weeks..let them announce Xperia Yuga first..though m not sure its India launching..but as far as i know all sony phones they have introduced till now launched here in India..n u will have something newcoming..1080p screen...n 1080p screen will be a trend for flagships from next year for sure..:)

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I understand your point. But sony has launched Xperia T/TX also, which is not available in India. I am waiting for that to be released here.
Actually we dont have any Kraits based Androids available here, thats why I thought Yuga will not be released here.
Hope you will understand my point

bhushan2k

yes..i do understand..krait core devices are not available here..but somewhat nexus 4 n optimus g launching in India next year raised hopes..both are having quad core krait proccys..god knows..sony might have similar bright plans for India..n India will be the first country for Yuga to be launched here u may never know..:D well..if u are not in hurry then u should wait..else other contender is htc one x+ or xperia s..or lumia 920 from wp..

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Note 2 has got 2GB RAM and any upcoming phone won't have a better ram than that also anything won't have a better battery than this.
And any phone will also not have a S-Pen Feature.
Now you still think, it is worth to wait!!!
If you need one then get it.But wait for the right deal, don't pay more than 33.5k for it, I have got 2 note 2 for my friends.One for 33.4k and one for 33k using coupons and all.So just grab one when you get the right deal.
And if you wish to wait then wait for One X+

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
33.5k ... Well that looks cheap.
I was checking Flipkart price and was almost ordering one moments back.
Put that on hold for the moment.
Now, I cant really pay that much barring EMI - any idea how the flipkart deals work out? What will be the interest rates if any if I opt for an EMI - any idea?

And you are correct about the RAM part - nothing comes close.

bhushan2k

Note 2 too is a good option..but samsung phones sunn ke pak gaya.. :p so wanted to suggest different n unique yet powerful..also that big 5.5" screen looks awkward while holding on the side of the face for calling..but it's a rocking device..:)

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Will move from Jeans to Cargos :p
anyway, need a help. Actually I would like to know how the EMI option in Flipkart works - what will be the interests at other important stuff that you may know. Any idea?

praveen55

Broken In
Note 2 has got 2GB RAM and any upcoming phone won't have a better ram than that also anything won't have a better battery than this.
And any phone will also not have a S-Pen Feature.
Now you still think, it is worth to wait!!!
If you need one then get it.But wait for the right deal, don't pay more than 33.5k for it, I have got 2 note 2 for my friends.One for 33.4k and one for 33k using coupons and all.So just grab one when you get the right deal.
And if you wish to wait then wait for One X+
one x+ already released few days back and it is available around 39-40k.. (over priced )..

aroraanant

Explorer
33.5k ... Well that looks cheap.
I was checking Flipkart price and was almost ordering one moments back.
Put that on hold for the moment.
Now, I cant really pay that much barring EMI - any idea how the flipkart deals work out? What will be the interest rates if any if I opt for an EMI - any idea?

And you are correct about the RAM part - nothing comes close.

You don't have to pay any extra charge, means you won't be charge anything if you opt for EMI.So no worries on that.
All you need is a credit card that too only of HDFC, ICICI and Citibank.

Top Bottom