Need a laptop within the budget of INR 1,30,000

Guys I have checked the models suggested here.. but all are bulkier.. I need something thin n light weight less than 1.30 kgs. Plz suggest.. also any idea when the new Mac pro will be launched?
The ZenBook 13 OLED I suggested is literally just 1.4kg, still classified as a proper ultrabook. Except MacBook Air M1, nothing comes close to it in performance, none of the Intel ones will.
Which point do you consider as a con in that one?

OP
A

Arun Prasad

Broken In
Expectations are high they might launch macbook pro 14 and 16 featuring m1x during their event from june 7 to 11.

Tomorrow asus will launch flow x13 and m16 and zephyrus g laptops are launching soon as well.

If you want now then the previous year g14 has got some price cuts you can look at that. If you are ok with integrated graphics then maybe the asus zenbook 2021 can be considered.
If launch of macbook pro is on June 7 I can wait.. flow x13 also heavier..n zephyrus too... will consider asus zenbook.. never bought asus.. how is the build quality? And any idea about hp sectre with AMD 5 series processor

OP
A

Arun Prasad

Broken In
The ZenBook 13 OLED I suggested is literally just 1.4kg, still classified as a proper ultrabook. Except MacBook Air M1, nothing comes close to it in performance, none of the Intel ones will.
Which point do you consider as a con in that one?
First I thought of getting convertible.. but I dropped that based on the suggestions given here.. so I will go for proper laptop with high in performance n also less weight n sleek. And in oled panel screen burnin issue will be there?

First I thought of getting convertible.. but I dropped that based on the suggestions given here.. so I will go for proper laptop with high in performance n also less weight n sleek. And in oled panel screen burnin issue will be there?
There's a possibility for sure, OLEDs have gotten very good now though. First OLED panel in the laptop was about 4-5 years ago in Alienware 13, I think.

Check burn in reviews of Samsung OLED 4K panels which were released 2 years ago in a lot of high end laptops, might give some idea.

Guys, how is asus Rog flow x13 though reviews are not much impressive..
X13 & G14 are both quite hot when on load because they are small. As because of size, they are expensive compared to 15.6" counterparts. IMO if you really can't carry a 15.6" laptop but need high performance, those 2 are for them. For most people, I won't suggest it.

CPUs like R5/R7 U series are pretty good for portables now, ahead of Intel ones. Those won't produce as much heat as a H/HS CPU because of lower power draw & likely better binning (more power efficient).

OP
A

Arun Prasad

Broken In
X13 & G14 are both quite hot when on load because they are small. As because of size, they are expensive compared to 15.6" counterparts. IMO if you really can't carry a 15.6" laptop but need high performance, those 2 are for them. For most people, I won't suggest it.

CPUs like R5/R7 U series are pretty good for portables now, ahead of Intel ones. Those won't produce as much heat as a H/HS CPU because of lower power draw & likely better binning (more power efficient).
Will wait till wwdc for new Mac n then I will decide

geek_rocker

Broken In
Why would you not like Lenovo, they are litreally one of the best laptop manufacturers from what I have seen. Is their driver support on the website bad or something?

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
^^ Solidworks I know doesnt run in mac. Catia and rhinoceros not so sure. And their autodesk counterparts may be compatible. But just for autocad it should be fine. Will have to read every softwares requirement.

@Arun Prasad What all softwares will you be running?

OP
A

Arun Prasad

Broken In
Why would you not like Lenovo, they are litreally one of the best laptop manufacturers from what I have seen. Is their driver support on the website bad or something?
When I visited their showroom I have seen lot of ppl coming there for servicing laptop.. so I thought lenovo laptops are problematic one

OP
A

Arun Prasad

Broken In
^^ Solidworks I know doesnt run in mac. Catia and rhinoceros not so sure. And their autodesk counterparts may be compatible. But just for autocad it should be fine. Will have to read every softwares requirement.

@Arun Prasad What all softwares will you be running?
Autocad, staad pro, 3d max, revit and etabs too

Last edited:
Top Bottom