Need a laptop under 45k

geekygooner

Right off the assembly line
Well here's the questionnaire:

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

>>Not above INR 45k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

>> I prefer a 14-15" screen. No touch screen required. 1080p would be great. :lol:

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
>> College work like presentations, programming
>> watching movies
>> moderate gaming. Must be able to play FIFA 14, GTA, Racing games without any issue. I don't play FPS games like COD and all.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
>> Min 8gb ram with an option to expand. Atleast 4 hr of battery life? :|
>> Should last me atleast 3 years.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
>> No likes or dislikes. The ASS must be good in Mumbai.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
>> Willing to buy online or locally from Mumbai.
>>Extended warranty option preferred.

$hadow

Geek in making
Lenovo z500 can be a option but you have to sacrifice on certain things for this budget like
1. No 1080p screen but you have to cope up with hd screen.
2.No 8gb ram
3. The games you mentioned can only run in low to med settings.
But still z500 is a good option
Wish you could increase your budget but under this budget z500 is a very good option

OP
G

geekygooner

Lenovo z500 can be a option but you have to sacrifice on certain things for this budget like
1. No 1080p screen but you have to cope up with hd screen.
2.No 8gb ram
3. The games you mentioned can only run in low to med settings.
But still z500 is a good option
Wish you could increase your budget but under this budget z500 is a very good option

I saw Lenovo G500s/G505s on flipkart with pretty decent specs. Which one is better? I am okay with DOS laptop.

$hadow

Geek in making
I saw Lenovo G500s/G505s on flipkart with pretty decent specs. Which one is better? I am okay with DOS laptop.

Buying g series laptop means that you will not be tto game on it much. I am asking you to check out 1gb z500 which cost approx 41k which is in your budget.

sankalp15apr

Broken In
Have a look on these two..i am too planning to buy a lappy...

..Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion 15-E016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

$hadow

Geek in making
Well it is purely your choice. My advice go and check out both the laptops at a store near you.

vivek1739

Broken In
At 46K
U get 2 gb 740m graphix.same as z500
I5 4th gen etc etc
d processor is 1.6 ghZ at basic..
Bt at this price its worth d sacrifice

vivek1739

Broken In
Unfortunately yes..at strting it wud be fine..bt aftr u have loaded ur laptop..playing intense graphics games would be a bit problematic in d future.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah one of my friend was checking 1gb model of z500 in nehru place and a dealer quoted 41.800 to him.
have you seen the performance of 8670m, as there is not much available on the web on it??
BTW the games OP mentioned will easily be playable at high -med settings as of date. FIFA-14 @ ultra GTA @ any settings and any racing game @ high/medium as of date on either of this GPU....

$hadow

Geek in making
have you seen the performance of 8670m, as there is not much available on the web on it??
BTW the games OP mentioned will easily be playable at high -med settings as of date. FIFA-14 @ ultra GTA @ any settings and any racing game @ high/medium as of date on either of this GPU....

There are certain Gpu which are not available exactly on the web. Like my 755m is not available. The games op want to play is not gpu intensive but if there is a gpu it is a plus.

nikkq

lenovo g 510 is the only model with i5-4200m(2.4ghz-3.1)(37w) varient..rest all the manufacturers are giving i5-4200u(1.6-2.4)(15w) varient..including hp n-013tx
although u ll be getting more battery backup out of 4200u ..4200m tends to be a lil betr at logevity of the laptop life..

having said that both lenovo and hp are giving one year adp..and 2 year extended warranty..
design wise n-013tx is very thin..thinner than the e series..n lighter as well..it does make a good style statment..whereas i haven't been able to see a g510 in display..bt looks are not as promising..

also the gt 740m in n-013tx is betr than the 8570m in g510.

lastly the 5510 is available at flipkart fr 44750 whereas at local shops 46k ws d best i cud get..fnd dt to b quiet surprising
n-013tx wud b available under 45k easily ..

P.S. i am also planning to buy a laptop nearby diwali..n stuck between these 2 models only..more inclined towards g510 bcz of the more juice frm 4200m .

new to tdf.. :)

dinesh_

^ Bro,you r answer is excellent.Im also looking for a lappy in the same range and found the same disadvantages with the clock speed of HP ones..Hope G510 gets rolled out soon :)

Top Bottom