need a high performance laptop

darkmaster

Broken In
hello everyone,i need a high performance laptop under 50k by july mid

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

-50000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

-15"-16" and 14" will also b fine

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

-programming,photoshop,gaming and few more things

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

-mostly matte

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

i'll be purchasing this laptop in pune,so it'll be helpful if you people can tell me about some shops too.

i have shortlisted few laptops

Dell Inspiron 14R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Samsung NP350V5C-S07IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Samsung NP350V5C-S06IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

suggestions are all welcomed,i can increase my budget by few more bucks

I would strongly recommend Samsung S04IN
Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Ultrabook (3rd Gen Ci5-3210M/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph-Nvidia GeForce GT 650M) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

It has best GPU for the money. i5 can handle all the above mentioned tasks easily

OP
D

darkmaster

Broken In
but i won't be using it mainly for gaming.....
so, don't u think an i7 quad core would be better than a good gpu.....

i5 is good enough. A better GPU would be handy. Gaming needs a powerful GPU with equally powerful CPU. Moreover photoshop & other high level designing softwares also require more graphical processing power.

Moreover, the model I mentioned has 1600x900 resolution matte display compared to 1366x768 resolution in others. Also it has JBL speakers with sub woofer

Moreover the 5400 rpm HDD limits the multi tasking abilities of current laptops. So i5 + 650M is great config

ratul

█████████████████
if you want i7, better go with Inspiron 15R Turbo @52k..
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Most users underestimate 7730m, it's performance is on par with 645m, so at max 15-20% slower than 650m, but still it's much more powerful, i5 will be a bottleneck in photoshop or video rendering as mobile i5 are dual cores only, even my i7 is @ 100% usage while rendering 3d on photoshop or rendering a video, it's like the more you throw at it, the more it'll use, so better go with i7 if not gaming...

if you want i7, better go with Inspiron 15R Turbo @52k..
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Most users underestimate 7730m, it's performance is on par with 645m, so at max 15-20% slower than 650m, but still it's much more powerful, i5 will be a bottleneck in photoshop or video rendering as mobile i5 are dual cores only, even my i7 is @ 100% usage while rendering 3d on photoshop or rendering a video, so better go with i7 if not gaming...

7730M~640M not equal to 645M

Moreover, I don't think he will use it for those things which u mentioned

But, that Dell config is better than the laptops OP mentioned in first post

ratul

█████████████████
7730M~640M not equal to 645M

Moreover, I don't think he will use it for those things which u mentioned

640m is easily beaten now, AMD drivers have improved 7730m considerably, i had a large debate on this issue only @ some other forum, and 640m was easily beaten in every game the other user threw benchmark for, 645m was 2-5% faster and sometimes just 1-2fps, so almost similar..
And OP stated using photoshop, so i7 will suffice all his photoshop usage, whether it's simple editing in it or 3d rendering..

OP
D

darkmaster

Broken In
both laptops look good....
i'll make a choice from these two....
does anybody know any good shop in pune where i can buy these laptops....

OP
D

darkmaster

Broken In
hey guys not able to find any of these laptops....any other laptop....
or should i go for
Dell Inspiron 14R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

$hadow

Geek in making
If you are looking to buy till july mid why not wait a bit more 4th gen laptop are round the corner and when they will come many i7 3rd gen laptop price will come down and they you can buy a better product.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
hey guys not able to find any of these laptops....any other laptop....
or should i go for
May I suggest the new 14r model of dell which has a 730m >= 640m, and you can overclock it further to even 650m as it is based on the same architecture. It also has a optional touchscreen.

ankushkool

Youngling
I would suggest you wait for sometime if you can as the 4th Gen Intel processors (Haswell) are coming out which will give much better performance plus good battery life! Worth the wait :)

OP
D

darkmaster

Broken In
after searching about haswell products found that they won't come under my budget and except the battery life
there's not much difference between 3rd and 4th gen processors.......
so finally buying 14r turbo from flipkart....

thinkdigit123

Broken In
If u need i7 and have a budget of above 50k, then go for Dell Turbo 15r with i7 and AMD 7730m

If u need i5 and have a budget of above 50k, then go for Samsung np550p5c-s04in with i5 and gt 650m

If u need i7 and have 40k-ish budget then u may go for Samsung np350 with i7 and AMD 7670m

If u need i5 and have 40k-ish budget then go for Samsung np370r5e-s05in with i5-3230m and AMD 8750m (ranked just below 7730m on noteboookcheck.com... may rise up the list after future software updates!)

If u are comfy with 14 inch screens then u should check out Dell 14r turbo with i5/i7 and gt 640m

good luck!!!

powerstarprince

In the zone
If u need i7 and have a budget of above 50k, then go for Dell Turbo 15r with i7 and AMD 7730m

If u need i5 and have a budget of above 50k, then go for Samsung np550p5c-s04in with i5 and gt 650m

If u need i7 and have 40k-ish budget then u may go for Samsung np350 with i7 and AMD 7670m

If u need i5 and have 40k-ish budget then go for Samsung np370r5e-s05in with i5-3230m and AMD 8750m (ranked just below 7730m on noteboookcheck.com... may rise up the list after future software updates!)

If u are comfy with 14 inch screens then u should check out Dell 14r turbo with i5/i7 and gt 640m

good luck!!!

the asus k55 with i7 and gt 630m is also equally good for same price as samsung.
another i5 laptop in 40k-ish budget is lenovo z500
for 14 inch hp m4 can come in 40k-ish budget too

this one frm dell is also available but just 1 unit *www.compuindia.com/laptops-ultrabo...-15r-turbo-7520/new-inspiron-15r-se-2057.html

OP
D

darkmaster

Broken In
finally got myself dell inspiron 14r turbo....
nice and powerful laptop....
can you guys tell me few softwares to check the performance and benchmarks of the laptop.
and thanks guys for your help.

Top Bottom