Need a heatsink and colle fan

gopi_kgk

Right off the assembly line
Which heatsink cooler fan to choose that supports my i5 2400 processor and gigabyte h61m-ds2 motherboard?

I have i5 2400 processor and h61mds2 motherboard.The stock cooler which came with processor is not efficient when playing latest games(i have gt630 gc) as temperature rises upto 70 C( idle temperature 40 C) . I have my preference in order on (1)Cooler Master Hyper TX3 (2)Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (3)Cooler Master Hyper 101. Will it fit on my processor and motherboard? If not what are other choices or is it ok to continue using my stock cooler fan? Do i need to apply thermal paste to a new heatsink cooler fan or does it come pre-applied?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Which heatsink cooler fan to choose that supports my i5 2400 processor and gigabyte h61m-ds2 motherboard?

I have i5 2400 processor and h61mds2 motherboard.The stock cooler which came with processor is not efficient when playing latest games(i have gt630 gc) as temperature rises upto 70 C( idle temperature 40 C) . I have my preference in order on (1)Cooler Master Hyper TX3 (2)Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (3)Cooler Master Hyper 101. Will it fit on my processor and motherboard? If not what are other choices or is it ok to continue using my stock cooler fan? Do i need to apply thermal paste to a new heatsink cooler fan or does it come pre-applied?

Cooler Master Hyper TX3

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

among three if you can get the 212 EVO or even better get 212 X. You will get a tube of TiM with them which is enough for 4 - 5 application.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
among three if you can get the 212 EVO or even better get 212 X. You will get a tube of TiM with them which is enough for 4 - 5 application.

dont you think 212 evo or 212x a unnecessary for such cpus? tx3 evo should be enough. or you can consider antec a40.

- - - Updated - - -

@op, you have to apply thermal paste every time you remove your heat sink.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah, if you have the budget why not go for the best as this might come handy in future.

OP
G

gopi_kgk

Right off the assembly line
Thank you guys...I am buying the cooler master hyper tx3 ...It would be nice if anyone sends a youtube tutorial link to install the tx3 fan.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For AMD :
Installing an fx 6350 cpu and a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 cpu cooler - YouTube

For Intel :
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Intel LGA1155/LGA1156 socket installation - YouTube
Cooler Master HYPER TX3 EVO Unboxing & Installing HD - YouTube

Top Bottom