Need a Graphics card and RAM update!

iamrahul

Tech Enthusiast
Hi,
Most of the 10GB+ games lag in my PC except COD:MW3 (mostly in-game videos voice come first and frame follows). Can I install a 64bit 2GB DDR3 graphics card phasing out my old nVidia 210 and a 4GB RAM extra? Need Suggestion! Please give me a better details of which model in which company to opt for. Graphics card under Rs.4500-5000 price range will be preferable. And in case if I go for 1gb ATI Radeon HD6670 and ASUS nVidia 2gb GeForce GT630, which one will be better and more efficient? Give me your suggetions too.

These are my configuration,
Processor: 3.2GHz AMD Athlon II X2
RAM: Starlite 4.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (though the box reads 4GB DDR3 PC1333)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LE (AM3R2)
Graphics: 512MB GeForce 210 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
**values provided by Piriform Speccy software
PSU is 450W Tech-com

Thank you!

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Games lag due to a very weak Graphics Card, 4GB ram is fine for most of games. But even for using 4GB Ram, you need 64 Bit OS, so that is a good upgrade.
So you need a good Graphics card. Now the problem is the PSU. From your post, it looks like that it is local PSU from brands like Frontec/Intex/Zebronics etc.

Get the following: Sapphire/MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 @ 5.4K + Corsair CX 430V2 @ 2.6K. If you are very tight on budget, get the ANTEC BP300 PSU at 1.78K from Infybeam.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Pick up the HD6670. Would be better and safer for your PC if you also pick up a PSU like Corsair CX430v2.

@Cilus seems I clicked “Post“ at the same time :)

Last edited:
OP
I

iamrahul

Tech Enthusiast
Thanks guys will see to it..
@Cilus I'm sorry for the mistake above on the PSU line. I wrote 400W instead of 450! :-?
this is precisely my SMPS Tech-Com affordable, latest, , Mobile Phones, Computer Parts, DVD, LCD Monitor, Keyboard, Speakers

OP
I

iamrahul

Tech Enthusiast
@Cilus can 6670 DDR5 have a smooth run with the rest of my config??
Actually I was thinking for 6670 DDR3 before! :p

Cilus

laborare est orare
Depends upon the resolution at you're playing. Up to 1366 X 768, HD 6670 GDDR5 can provide good playable FPS with mid to high settings, depending upon the games. your current PSU might handle HD 6670 but it is always advised to get a good PSU. GDDR5 memory can provide more than 2X memory bandwidth than the normal DDR3, running at the same speed. The GDDR5 version of HD 6670 performs almost similar to HD 5750/HD 6750 but the DDR3 version is even slower than the HD 5670 GDDR5. So get the GDDR5 version.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
@iamrahul
Your processor will most likely be a bottleneck too. I'm using athlon ii x4 with 100% cpu utilisation on many games at minimum settings. Check if your motherboard supports core unlocking (google it), to try to unlock more cores if they are present on your processor.

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, Processor won't be any Bottle necking HD 6670, it is not a high powered Graphics card after all. SlashDk, CPU utilization of 100% in minimum setting is a very common scenario as Games become more CPU dependent at low settings.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys will see to it..
@Cilus I'm sorry for the mistake above on the PSU line. I wrote 400W instead of 450! :-?
this is precisely my SMPS Tech-Com affordable, latest, , Mobile Phones, Computer Parts, DVD, LCD Monitor, Keyboard, Speakers

that PSU of yours only has 10A on +12V rail - so even if you are not buying any GPU just change the PSU ASAP for the sake of your entire config.

Top Bottom