Need a good media player for Lenovo laptop

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Lenovo Flex 2 -14. I am looking for a good media player.

I have used an Acer laptop with vlc before. After one year, the speakers got damaged. I heard Dell also has issues with VLC. I really like VLC as an all in one player but I am not sure how it works with Lenovo ones.

Please suggest a good media player that can play most formats including mkv.
The laptop is with Windows 8.1 ( Touchscreen)

Ps: I'm looking for freeware.

Thanks in advance.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My >7 year old Lenovo R61 is working fine even after using VLC for about 4.5 years on it. Then I've switched to other media players in between like MPC-HC, Pot player and KM Player. Currently using SM player for video playback and Music Bee for audio playback.

VLC is still the best for normal users who want to play any media format. Just make sure you don't amplify the volume beyond 125% from VLC itself. It'll distort the audio. If you need, increase the system volume instead. Dell India has VLC as a stupid excuse to avoid warranty claims when their substandard speakers go kaput.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Lenovo Flex 2 -14. I am looking for a good media player.

I have used an Acer laptop with vlc before. After one year, the speakers got damaged. I heard Dell also has issues with VLC. I really like VLC as an all in one player but I am not sure how it works with Lenovo ones.

Please suggest a good media player that can play most formats including mkv.
The laptop is with Windows 8.1 ( Touchscreen)

Ps: I'm looking for freeware.

Thanks in advance.

apart from VLC, PotPlayer is another very good player, and has been the top choice among reviewers since quite some time. i use it for video playback, and use foobar for audio playback (MP3s and FLACs). try them once.

$hadow

Geek in making
I have used vlc since the time I started using PC. This has never damaged the speakers though I heard a few instances where Dell rejected the repair stating that the person has used vlc and it has damaged the speakers.

vito scalleta

In the zone
I have used vlc since the time I started using PC. This has never damaged the speakers though I heard a few instances where Dell rejected the repair stating that the person has used vlc and it has damaged the speakers.

Me too . I have been using vlc in my desktop for the last 6 yrs and the volume will be usually above 150%. Encountered no problems.
But iam afraid to do the same with my lenovo laptop.

$hadow

Geek in making
Me too . I have been using vlc in my desktop for the last 6 yrs and the volume will be usually above 150%. Encountered no problems.
But iam afraid to do the same with my lenovo laptop.

There is nothing to be afraid of until you go nuts on the sound.

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Usually we don't go over 100. But sometimes I download some piracy versions of eng movies where sound is terrible. Only then I go to 200. But I believe using headphones may suffice for that situation.

$hadow

Geek in making
Usually we don't go over 100. But sometimes I download some piracy versions of eng movies where sound is terrible. Only then I go to 200. But I believe using headphones may suffice for that situation.

Use a good quality headphone and if possible try to watch a good print of movies. Poor print may give you eye problems.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm. talking about players - I use AIMP for listening songs, Light Alloy for videos and SMPlayer for subtitle download.

Top Bottom