Need a good gaming rig for around 64k and I already have monitor and hard disks...:)

Pradeepcool

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming at highest settings. Games like BF3, Witcher 2 EE, Metro 2033,and upcoming games like GTA 5,Crysis 3,etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:66K.Maybe around 2K but not more than that.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8.Already have it installed on my present system.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Already have one 2TB and a 250 GB HARD DISK

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, already have Dell 24 inch monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Already have the monitor,hard disks and a 600VA UPS I plan on reusing them.Want everything other than that

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Around the end of December 2012.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:No. Will seek the help of an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chennai.Will buy it in local shops.Open to buying from online too.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Want a system that is future proof for atlest 3 years.
All suggestions are welcome...:)
Thank you guys..:)

Last edited:

rock2702

Padawan
i5 3570k-14k
Asus z77 m pro-10.5k
Sapphire 7950 vapor x-21k
Gskill ripjawx 8gb-2.8k
Corsair 400r-5k
Cooler master 212 hyper evo-2.2k
Corsair tx 650-5.5k
Apc 1.1kva back ups-5k

Total comes to around 67k

Last edited:
OP
P

Pradeepcool

Broken In
i5 3570k-14k
Asus z77 m pro-10.5k
Sapphire 7950 vapor x-21k
Gskill ripjawx 8gb-2.8k
Corsair 400r-5k
Cooler master 212 hyper evo-2.2k
Corsair tx 650-5.5k
Apc 1.1kva back ups-5k

Total comes to around 67k
Thanks ...:)I have a 600VA UPS..will it be enough or should i go with 1.1kva UPS ?

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Thanks ...:)I have a 600VA UPS..will it be enough or should i go with 1.1kva UPS ?
If we assume AC power provided by UPS without any interruption be 360Watts,then it won't be enough in case of high loads or when GPU,CPU are overclocked.
If say,PC at full load takes around 320Watts(rough estimate under heavy load with GPU overclocked) and the PSU efficiency at that point be 80% then AC power required would be 320/0.8=400Watts which is greater than what UPS can supply.If overclocking(CPU) is taken into account then load would be more.So go with a higher wattage UPS.APC 1.1kVA(660W) would be fine

Cilus

laborare est orare
At your budget, you can also consider an AMD setup with better CPU performance as well as Gaming performance as you can include a more powerful GPU into the rig.

Here is my suggestion:-

AMD FX 8350 (8 Cores, 4GHz, 4.2GHz Turbo, 8 MB L2 + 8 MB L3 Cache) @ 12.5K
MSI 990FXA-GD65 @ 9K
G-Skill RipjawX 1600 MHz DDR3 4GB X 2 @ 2.8K
Corsair Carbide 400R Cabinet @ 4.7K
Corsair TX650 V2 80+ Bronze PSU @ 5.5K
Sapphire HD 7970 Vapor-X Edition @ 30.4K / MSI R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC @ 28.5K (smcinternational.in)
APC 1.1KVA Black UPS @ 4.8K

Total: 69.7K/67.6K.

Reason: CPU performance wise FX-8350 is ahead of Core i5 3570K and in gaming it is slightly behind if same Graphics card is used for both the Processors. But AMD FX + a 990FX chipset based motherboard combination comes cheaper than the i5 + good Z77 Motherboard combination and on that money you can easily manage a higher end Graphics card and I have managed a HD 7970 in the same budget which offers reasonably better performance. Also at full hd or 1080P resolution, Games become more GPU bound and less CPU bound and the gaming performance difference between 8350 and 3570 is negligible. Apart from gaming, if you run editing software like Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, perform Video Conversion etc, FX-8350 can have good advantage over i5 3570.

OP
P

Pradeepcool

Broken In
Thanks...:) and I use it primarily for gaming alone..and use photoshop very rarely...

need more config guys...please help me out...:-(

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Intel Core i5 3570K - Rs 13700
Asus Maximis Gene - Rs 14750
Gskill 8GB RAM F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL- Rs 2750
GPU - MSI R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC Rs 28500
SMPS - Corsair TX650 V2 - Rs 5450
Cabinet - NZXT Source 210 Elite - Rs 2900

Total : Rs 68,050.

There you go. Now you have a Asus ROG Motherboard a Super Processor and an even better GPU the HD7970!!! I just couldnt get the moon ....:p

Okay now the bad news........ we all forgot about the CPU cooler. So set aside Rs 2.2k to 3.7K for the good to the best in that segment of CPU cooler. Im talking about CM Hyper 212 and the Corsair A70. And the UPS is also also left aside for the sake of the best of the best Core components in this class, budget and segment.

OP
P

Pradeepcool

Broken In
Thank you Incinerator..:)May be i will go with asus p8z77 v which is like 4K less and so will buy the cpu cooler..but could u suggest me a better cabinet ??is the nzxt 410 a better choice ??and hd 7970 is way more than 28.5 K where i live(atleast RS 30,500-msi version)...but the gtx 670 is exactly 28.5 K here..shall i go with it ???

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Purchase the GPU online. And you need to spend another 4.7K for the UPS, it is not included in the Intel config given above.

N@m@n

Journeyman
nzxt tempest 410 is of 4.8k
no point wasting money on it as corsair 400r is better at the same price

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Thank you Incinerator..:)May be i will go with asus p8z77 v which is like 4K less and so will buy the cpu cooler..but could u suggest me a better cabinet ??is the nzxt 410 a better choice ??and hd 7970 is way more than 28.5 K where i live(atleast RS 30,500-msi version)...but the gtx 670 is exactly 28.5 K here..shall i go with it ???

P8Z77V is not as inspiring....
For the Mainboard get this.....Theitdepot - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard

If it is the NZXT phantom then......
NZXT phantom 410 is excellent but then it comes at a price.....so I would rate Corsair 400R better in functionality but.. but.. but.. if it is form and functionality it has to be the NZXT and The Phantom has a little more room on the top than the Corsair 400R in case you plan to go in for water cooling.
For the card beg borrow or steal but get the HD 7970. You just cant compare the 670 with a HD 7970. You can order it online from SMC International @ Rs 28.5K...get it Simple.*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91

If it is the Tempest then better get the Corsair 400R

Last edited:
OP
P

Pradeepcool

Broken In
Thank You...:)I will buy the Corsair 400R then...:)

P8Z77V is not as inspiring....
For the Mainboard get this.....Theitdepot - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard

If it is the NZXT phantom then......
NZXT phantom 410 is excellent but then it comes at a price.....so I would rate Corsair 400R better in functionality but.. but.. but.. if it is form and functionality it has to be the NZXT and The Phantom has a little more room on the top than the Corsair 400R in case you plan to go in for water cooling.
For the card beg borrow or steal but get the HD 7970. You just cant compare the 670 with a HD 7970. You can order it online from SMC International @ Rs 28.5K...get it Simple.*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91

If it is the Tempest then better get the Corsair 400R
I will buy the Corsair 400R then...Thnx a lot Incinerator...:)but I am hesitant towards buying an MSI card..my friend had a horrible experience with his MSI card...confused..:(

nzxt tempest 410 is of 4.8k
no point wasting money on it as corsair 400r is better at the same price

thank you..:)

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Thank You...:)I will buy the Corsair 400R then...:)

I will buy the Corsair 400R then...Thnx a lot Incinerator...:)but I am hesitant towards buying an MSI card..my friend had a horrible experience with his MSI card...confused..:(

thank you..:)

Take a look at this ,*www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=s...tegory_id=167&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53 , reliable site and a great card. Call them up for a bit of price negotiation ,it works sometime!It is a full featured Monster of a Card but at a very good price.

Ill check with Vedant in Kolkata tomorrow and get back if they have a better price for the HD 7970 from Asus /Gigabyte/Sapphire.

OP
P

Pradeepcool

Broken In
Take a look at this ,Asus HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 Graphic Card , reliable site and a great card. Call them up for a bit of price negotiation ,it works sometime!It is a full featured Monster of a Card but at a very good price.

Ill check with Vedant in Kolkata tomorrow and get back if they have a better price for the HD 7970 from Asus /Gigabyte/Sapphire.
Thnx a lot..:)but the one thing which amazes me is that why even a single person has not recommended a NVIDIA card???any particular reason??my friend told with the advent of Kepler chip,nvidia cards have been top notch.(he is a mild nvidia fanboy though).can u clear up on that???
thanks again...:)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Thnx a lot..:)but the one thing which amazes me is that why even a single person has not recommended a NVIDIA card???any particular reason??my friend told with the advent of Kepler chip,nvidia cards have been top notch.(he is a mild nvidia fanboy though).can u clear up on that???
thanks again...:)

How can he give a fair opinion ?

nvidia and amd have their own features and strengths. amd just happens to be vfm.
Further detailed explanation will be quite lengthy.

hitman4

In the zone
basically the release of catylist has given amd cards a 15 to 20% increase in performance and they are very nicely priced...
that is why everyone recomending amd cards

Top Bottom