Need a gaming rig ~ 30K

shanksv13

Right off the assembly line
Now I know I won't get a gaming rig within 30K budget. That's why I have planned to build the PC first and then buy the graphics card after saving up more money.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I want it mostly for gaming. Games like Crysis 3, Overwatch, CS: GO. Application: Android Studio.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:I wanna start with 30K excluding graphics card, I can extend around 5K for a better configuration.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Not necessarily as I have never done it before.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10, 64-bit and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, 64-bit.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:21 inch, 720p to 1080p

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Mouse & Keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Within next two months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes. I will be assembling.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Coimbatore, both local and online are fine.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I would prefer an i5 processor, but I'm open to AMD processors as well.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*forum.digit.in/pc-components-confi...ng-pc-within-30k-post2304034.html#post2304034

Modifying the config suggested in the above link

Intel Core i3 6100 -8500,
Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 -4500,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 -2700,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Antec VP550P -4000,
Antec GX200 -2700,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9300.
Total -35,200

Add at least a GTX 1050Ti to it later (would cost you around 12-13k)

Last edited:
OP
S

shanksv13

But the Gigabyte GA-110M-S2 supports RAM only upto 2133MHz, it won't support Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4, is there any other board that supports 2400 MHz memory ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
But the Gigabyte GA-110M-S2 supports RAM only upto 2133MHz, it won't support Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4, is there any other board that supports 2400 MHz memory ?

The ram would be downclocked to 2133 MHz in that case and still continue to work as intended.

OP
S

shanksv13

The ram would be downclocked to 2133 MHz in that case and still continue to work as intended.

Isn't it better to buy a board that supports higher RAM speeds? I checked other 110M boards as well and all of them support max 2130 MHz. So, will it be better if I increase my budget and go for a board that supports 2400MHz and higher clock speeds to future proof like Z170 boards ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Isn't it better to buy a board that supports higher RAM speeds? I checked other 110M boards as well and all of them support max 2130 MHz. So, will it be better if I increase my budget and go for a board that supports 2400MHz and higher clock speeds to future proof like Z170 boards ?

Don't buy a Z170 mobo unless you plan to upgrade the CPU to a K series i5/i7 proccy and it isn't possible to accommodate one in your current budget.

OP
S

shanksv13

Don't buy a Z170 mobo unless you plan to upgrade the CPU to a K series i5/i7 proccy and it isn't possible to accommodate one in your current budget.

Can you suggest me a cheaper motherboard that will support 2400 MHz memory other than Z170? I'm planning to do incremental upgrades, so after one or two years I'll be changing to a better processor. K series is mainly for overclocking right ? I don't plan on overclocking anytime soon. But I want a future proof arrangement, so I'll be buying i5/i7 in the future. And for the price, I can use my old monitor in the meantime.

Top Bottom