Need a gaming laptop within 80,000

OP
P

perspex

Broken In
So it looks like the lenovo y500 is actually the best, really good specs at its price. But idk if it's a typing error or not, on flipkart the GT650 model is 1080p and the GT750 model is 1366x768...like wtf? Also can you tell me what their service is like?

Plus, just out of curiosity, if you had to recommend in asus or msi, which model would you? maybe i can by some miracle convince my dad to get it from outside if it's really worth it and i get a much better rig at the same price.

^^
1. Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) with FullHD display and GT650m (Best choice but harder to find locally)

Why is the 650 a better choice than the 750 model? shouldn't the 750 be better? (bear with my ultra noob laptop exp.)

Sorry for so many questions but, how is the HP ENVY m6-1216tx? That also seems to have decent specs. and its the same price as the y500

OK F**K IT! Recommend me all possible laptops, if i have to get online it then it will have to be...i am not sacrificing gaming, i will kill an old man if i have to! Just make sure it's within 80,000 >.< some asus or msi will be good enough...or you guys will know best, just lemme know.

Last edited:
So it looks like the lenovo y500 is actually the best, really good specs at its price. But idk if it's a typing error or not, on flipkart the GT650 model is 1080p and the GT750 model is 1366x768...like wtf? Also can you tell me what their service is like?

Plus, just out of curiosity, if you had to recommend in asus or msi, which model would you? maybe i can by some miracle convince my dad to get it from outside if it's really worth it and i get a much better rig at the same price.

Why is the 650 a better choice than the 750 model? shouldn't the 750 be better? (bear with my ultra noob laptop exp.)

Sorry for so many questions but, how is the HP ENVY m6-1216tx? That also seems to have decent specs. and its the same price as the y500

OK F**K IT! Recommend me all possible laptops, if i have to get online it then it will have to be...i am not sacrificing gaming, i will kill an old man if i have to! Just make sure it's within 80,000 >.< some asus or msi will be good enough...or you guys will know best, just lemme know.

Lenovo is trolling us. I think they are using India as dumping grounds for those laptops which they couldn't sell in US. Y500 with GT650M was actually launched with ELAN touchpad(problematic) in US in Nov. They changed it to Synaptics before 2013 started. But when Y500 came to India in late jan 2013, all stocks were having ELAN. Lenovo replaced the touchpad to Synaptics though, after a month for me.

Now it looks like new Y500 with 1366x768 display is not selling as price difference between HD n FHD is $50 only. So they brought it in India.

HP has not yet brought any of their laptop with FHD screen or GT650M, whereas they have it in US for <$1000.

Check new Alienware. Its shippng date is 2 July 2013 in US though. Costs $1350.

Others options available abroad are Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, ASUS G55VW, MSI GT60 :)shock:) & some others.

Note: All above options are 15.6" laptops

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I too would recommend Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) with FullHD display and GT650m. Get it from Flipkart (quick).
After buying add another 8GB DDR3 RAM (Check this one @ 3.7k).
Also Y500 has an mSATA free slot. So add this 128GB SSD @ 10.3k.
Check this tutorial regarding installing mSATA SSD & copying OS to it.

To sum it up
Y50064.5k
SSD10.3k
RAM3.7k
Total78.5k

^^This is the best gaming laptop available in India for 80k(with addons)

+1 to this config..

OP
P

perspex

Broken In
I already have a kick-ass rig, i can't take that all the way to college that's why need to settle for a laptop :|

sobhan06

Right off the assembly line
MSI gaming aren't available in india rite ? Is there any place to get MSI in india ??
what about servicing ??

evilwit

Journeyman
Dell updated Alienware and Y500 750m is already out.
IMHO GT 650 for 80k is joke.
is it available in india?if no,in how much time will it launch in india?what will be the expected price of a config of 2gb gddr5 gt750m graphics card,a good ram,and full hd display..thanks

^ GT 650M for 80k
LOL.
@OP you will come to see some nVidia GT 7xxx equipped lappy soon.

in how much time????

Sure hope you are right...
This companies neglect India so bad!!! :evil:
Btw, updated Alienware available in India???:)
Never mind, just saw that they are coming soon in the Dell Website!!!:mrgreen:
link please

sorry for hijacking the post but i have the same budget and requirements.so can you guys help me out too?
i have selected asus g75 vw but as you guys know its outdated with the ivy bridge processor. can you tell me when will the new model of asus g75 wil come out in thailand?its already out on gentechpc and xoticpc but i don't want to get in hassles of import duties...and is there any chances of launch of laptops with like build like 2gb gddr5 gt750 graphic ram,8 gb ram,full hd screen in india under rupees 85k if yes then in how time?i will be buying the the laptop in first or second week of august so if due to some reasons new models of laptops are not launched will asus g75vw full fill my requirements?i will use it for gaming...latest games in high setting ...thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom