Need a gaming laptop within 80,000

perspex

Broken In
) What is your budget?
80,000 INR 2-3k increase-decrease is fine.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Any

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Alienware,Asus,Msi
b. Dislike:acer,lenovo.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Mainly Gaming
Other basic stuff(movies,surfing,college work etc.)

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
No preference

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Local purchase only(can't order online from abroad at all)
Preferably a company that can give support(if i need it) as i will be in manipal uni.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^
if you are gonna purchase locally, you only have three choices:
1. Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) with FullHD display and GT650m (Best choice but harder to find locally)
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
2. Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647) with HD display and GT750m
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
3. Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN Laptop with HD+ display and GT650m(Reportedly throttles and has overheating problems, also the graphics card is GDDR3, not GDDR5 like the other two )
Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com
I would go with the first one if I were you... But, it's harder to find locally!!! :-D
Online links are provided only for you to check the specifications and not meant as sarcasm because of your inability to buy online!!! :mrgreen:

OP
P

perspex

Broken In
I meant as long as its in India i can order online, i meant that i can't ship it from abroad that's all.

I too would recommend Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) with FullHD display and GT650m. Get it from Flipkart (quick).
After buying add another 8GB DDR3 RAM (Check this one @ 3.7k).
Also Y500 has an mSATA free slot. So add this 128GB SSD @ 10.3k.
Check this tutorial regarding installing mSATA SSD & copying OS to it.

To sum it up
Y50064.5k
SSD10.3k
RAM3.7k
Total78.5k

^^This is the best gaming laptop available in India for 80k(with addons)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Dell updated Alienware and Y500 750m is already out.
IMHO GT 650 for 80k is joke.

Sure hope you are right...
This companies neglect India so bad!!! :evil:
Btw, updated Alienware available in India???:)
Never mind, just saw that they are coming soon in the Dell Website!!!:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Dell updated Alienware and Y500 750m is already out.
IMHO GT 650 for 80k is joke.

The one I mentioned is the best available configuration presently available in India. I don't think there is hope for Y500 with FHD display & GT750M.

As far as newer laptops are concerned, it will take atleast a month for companies to refresh their line up with Haswell processor & GT7xxM or 8xxxM GPU.

Sure hope you are right...
This companies neglect India so bad!!! :evil:
Btw, updated Alienware available in India???:)
Never mind, just saw that they are coming soon in the Dell Website!!!:mrgreen:

That's true

Alienware for $1350 is great. But there is 0% chance that it will be priced ~75k(atleast). It would be 85k as was the previous M14x.

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
The one I mentioned is the best available configuration presently available in India. I don't think there is hope for Y500 with FHD display & GT750M.

As far as newer laptops are concerned, it will take atleast a month for companies to refresh their line up with Haswell processor & GT7xxM or 8xxxM GPU.

That's true
You sure?
LINK

OP
P

perspex

Broken In
my classes start from 19th july, so i have time till the 2nd week of july max. to buy the laptop. I didn't know that laptop gaming in india was in such a bad state, fml :|

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
my classes start from 19th july, so i have time till the 2nd week of july max. to buy the laptop. I didn't know that laptop gaming in india was in such a bad state, fml :|

You have no idea, dude...
It's more worse still in the underprivileged parts of India!!! :evil:

ekramcal

Right off the assembly line
I too would recommend Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) with FullHD display and GT650m. Get it from Flipkart (quick).
After buying add another 8GB DDR3 RAM (Check this one @ 3.7k).
Also Y500 has an mSATA free slot. So add this 128GB SSD @ 10.3k.
Check this tutorial regarding installing mSATA SSD & copying OS to it.

To sum it up
Y50064.5k
SSD10.3k
RAM3.7k
Total78.5k

^^This is the best gaming laptop available in India for 80k(with addons)

Hello Anupam,

this is Ekram here. A total newbie.

i just ordered my Y500 on flipkart today (the 1080p screen one).

I was very interested that I could put a SSD drive into the Y500.

I have gone through the steps in the link you mentioned, but I'm so inexperienced, I fear I'll mess up my system trying to install the SSD.

What I wanted to know was can I take it to the Lenovo service centre and get them to install this correctly?

Any other advice you have?

Thanks

Take it to Lenovo service centre & ask them to open it(opening the laptop is not so easy). Install the mSATA SSD. Close the laptop's back. Bring it back from service centre & do the software things yourself @ home.

In India, presently GT750M is the best GPU we have under 1lakh(officially from branded manufacturers). But 750M is presently only present in Y500, which doesn't have FullHD screen as its 650M counter part. So Y500 with 650M seems to be the best option under 80k until n unless you can import an ASUS or other brand laptop from US or any other country.

I'll recommend waiting till 1st week of July. Start hunting & select a laptop in 2nd week of July.

pratyush997

Inactive
Take it to Lenovo service centre & ask them to open it(opening the laptop is not so easy). Install the mSATA SSD. Close the laptop's back. Bring it back from service centre & do the software things yourself @ home.

In India, presently GT750M is the best GPU we have under 1lakh(officially from branded manufacturers). But 750M is presently only present in Y500, which doesn't have FullHD screen as its 650M counter part. So Y500 with 650M seems to be the best option under 80k until n unless you can import an ASUS or other brand laptop from US or any other country.

I'll recommend waiting till 1st week of July. Start hunting & select a laptop in 2nd week of July.
Did you read the comment by Flipkart in the link I posted in my last post ?

ekramcal

Right off the assembly line

Thanks Anupam

Top Bottom