Need a desktop for gaming under 40k

sidster

Broken In
Guys I'm looking for a gaming desktop. Was previously thinking of a laptop but my budget is not much. Also should I buy a ps4? I'm getting it chea

Btw I don't own a desktop as of now.

P.S. if you suggest me to buy a desktop, also name the specs .

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
depends on what type of games you like to play. console games do came at a higher price though

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
fill up the questionnaire. Also PS4 and PC are in different leagues. A PS4 is mainky used as a media/gaming centre. Also PS4 games are 3.5k+ whereas PC games after 2-3 weeks of release get down as low as rs 1200-1800.

OP
sidster

sidster

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Applications: Probably basics like me office. Probably 3ds max or so.
Games: Latest games like gta5, watchdogs, NO fps games. Preferably open world.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Definitely under 40k. No scope for extending.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No. I don't know anything about it.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 200 Gb. Or more of necessary.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have an 18 inch monitor. Non HD. Probably gonna need one.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Need everything except speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Around March-April 2015

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Probably by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Pune. Gonna try to look online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Ps4 vs PC keeping in mind that I would like to play at high quality. Don't mind the cost.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you plan to buy a desktop, don't buy a preconfigured crap one. Assemble one, would be way better than the crap underpowered ones various OEM's have. Still April is 2 months ahead. Current prices may change and the suggested config will too. No point in posting a thread this early.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Around March-April 2015

There is no sense in starting a thread so early. Prices change, new products are launched and configurations become irrelevant. Start a thread just one week before you intend to make the purchase.

OP
sidster

sidster

Broken In
There is no sense in starting a thread so early. Prices change, new products are launched and configurations become irrelevant. Start a thread just one week before you intend to make the purchase.

If i have to buy now then?

BTW. Is there any way i can get a pc by reducing any unnecessary things and adding a cabinet and other periipherals under 49k
To start the basic specs are:
CPU:AMD FX-8350 4.0 Ghz
RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz (1x8GB)
Video Card:XFX Radeon HD 7970 3 GB
Motherboard:ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Socket AM3+
SSD:Sandisk 120 GB
Hard Drive:Western Digital 1 TB

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
BTW. Is there any way i can get a pc by reducing any unnecessary things and adding a cabinet and other periipherals under 49k

what do you mean by that? can you please explain? under 49k you may get the following.
i5 4440 - 11k
asus b85m g-5.4k
kingston hyperx fury 2x4gb - 5.4k /corsair vengeance or gskill ripjawsx
gtx 750 ti - 11k
wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
antec vp550p - 3.5k
cooler master elite 311- 2.3k
Dell s2240l - 8k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

- - - Updated - - -

are you buying a second hand stuff?

If i have to buy now then?

To start the basic specs are:

In the questionnaire you've mentioned your budget to be 40k and here you are saying 49k. What is your actual budget?

OP
sidster

sidster

Broken In
If I include monitor then 49k

- - - Updated - - -

By unnecessary things i mean anything that is not all that important. As i would like to improve the performance of the desktop. Also, there isnt any point in playing games on ultra settings, without a hd monitor right?

btw. msi radeon r9 280 seems good, and in the us it costs 240$. Any way i can get a similar one of gigabyte probably, for the same price in india?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
If I include monitor then 49k

- - - Updated - - -

By unnecessary things i mean anything that is not all that important. As i would like to improve the performance of the desktop. Also, there isnt any point in playing games on ultra settings, without a hd monitor right?

btw. msi radeon r9 280 seems good, and in the us it costs 240$. Any way i can get a similar one of gigabyte probably, for the same price in india?

i dont get what you wanna say. If you have a budget of 49k then just go with what rijinpk said. If you are buying second hand stuff, tell us so.

OP
sidster

sidster

Broken In
Let me put it like this:
I NOW have a budget of 47~49k
I don't need a mouse or a keyboard. Nor do I need an OS (I already have Windows 7 ultimate)
I need everything else including a HD monitor and a cabinet.
So what is the best config, for gaming . I don't mind comprising on cabinet quality.
And no, I don't plan to buy second hand parts.
Btw would you recommend second hand parts?
Plus if I wait till April, how much difference will it make on the config?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Let me put it like this:
~snip~

Mid range GTX 900 series and Broadwell will get launched by then. Current prices may drop. So instead of 750 Ti in the suggested config, you may want to go with 950 or 950 Ti instead.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Let me put it like this:
I don't need a mouse or a keyboard. Nor do I need an OS (I already have Windows 7 ultimate)
I need everything else including a HD monitor and a cabinet.
So what is the best config, for gaming . I don't mind comprising on cabinet quality.
And no, I don't plan to buy second hand parts.
Btw would you recommend second hand parts?

go with what rijinpk1 suggested. The best you will find. Also if you dont want glossy monitor go with AOC i2369vm ~ 10k

you can wait for broadwell if you want.

Mid range GTX 900 series and Broadwell will get launched by then. Current prices may drop. So instead of 750 Ti in the suggested config, you may want to go with 950 or 950 Ti instead.

960 is already priced 17k everywhere and 950 will be priced 14-15k and OP's budget is of 11-12k forGPU, so no new GPU hardware for OP releasing.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
Is broadwell worth waiting for? Plus is it going to release by April? Also what about Skylake?

off course its going to be better but by how much who knows, also given you're budget forget about new cpu at launch. just buy a decent i5, also try and i mean really try to to extend to 55k or at least 50k. then you will be able to get something that will be pretty good at gaming and will last 2-3 years

You can buy an r7 270 @13k, and if do want to wait then wait for skylake,in any case if you want to buy in march April, you should create a thread in Feb,but hey I'm not a mod

BTW you can go with dell st 2240l @8.2k, which many forum members have suggested in a lot of different threads, that way you can save some bucks and invest in a better gpu (when you do buy one)

Top Bottom