Need a decent Cabinet

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
oh yeah ur right, but the V1 and X1 -E have more fan slots at the same price
and the X1-E has a cable management compartment, atleast according to what the official antec page says .. Any review links ?
All three are made of flimsy steel, the only good cabinets at low price is Bitfenix merc alpha according to me.. The best VFM IMO

CM N300 and N200's prices have give through the roof atm. They have increased by a margin of 1k. Antec X1 would be okay as OP doesn't have any gaming needs. A CM 311 would be okay too.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
oh yeah ur right, but the V1 and X1 -E have more fan slots at the same price
and the X1-E has a cable management compartment, atleast according to what the official antec page says .. Any review links ?
All three are made of flimsy steel, the only good cabinets at low price is Bitfenix merc alpha according to me.. The best VFM IMO

antec x1 E doesn't have any holes behind motherboard tray for managing cables. look at the pics.

- - - Updated - - -

CM N300 and N200's prices have give through the roof atm. They have increased by a margin of 1k. Antec X1 would be okay as OP doesn't have any gaming needs. A CM 311 would be okay too.

*www.theitdepot.com/details-Cooler+Master+N200+Mini+Tower+Computer+Case+(NSE-200A-KKN1)_P17813.html.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
antec x1 E doesn't have any holes behind motherboard tray for managing cables. look at the pics.

- - - Updated - - -

*www.theitdepot.com/details-Cooler+Master+N200+Mini+Tower+Computer+Case+(NSE-200A-KKN1)_P17813.html.

the lasttime i checked it, it was around 2.5k on SD. And why would OP need a cable management system? He just has a pc for home usage. :confused:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
the lasttime i checked it, it was around 2.5k on SD. And why would OP need a cable management system? He just has a pc for home usage. :confused:

for that, he wouldn't need to spend 2.5k -3k on a cabinet. a local rs 700 would do . ;).
he is spending good amount, so shouldn't he get the best??

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
for that, he wouldn't need to spend 2.5k -3k on a cabinet. a local rs 700 would do . ;).

yeah he should get the best :)
and well that N200 will save him some space :)
he can get that too if he wants to.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer

Buddy I'm not going anywhere near that Rs 700 one. Trust me!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting more confused here regarding cabinet to buy.
Laptop is good option but I'm not so comfortable with the Keyboard available with laptops.
And with my current Desktop I was able to upgrade to USB 3.0 using the PCI Card. Also maybe easier if I plan to upgrade from DVD ROM to Blu Ray ROM Drive. However that latter can be sufficed with External ones.

- - - Updated - - -

One more info needed if my current motherboard doesn't support USB 3.0, will having one of these cabinets which says USB 3.0 available help?
Since my current motherboard doesn't support USB 3.0 I had to buy a PCI Card for USB 3.0.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/antec.png

I donot have any review link but this is what the official product page to X1-E states..
But I agree, lower end antec is made of flimsy material which may not last long
Also, IMO the best cabinet ~Rs 3k is this
Dont go for mini tower cabinet, lack of room and decent cooling options will make you regret your purchase

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
One more info needed if my current motherboard doesn't support USB 3.0, will having one of these cabinets which says USB 3.0 available help?

The above point is of interest to me now since anyways I'm buying above my budget. My initial budget was 2k-2.5k.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, it will not.. Unless you purchase an add on USB 3.0 expansion for your mobo, that extra USB 3.0 port will operate at USB2.0 mode..
Seeing your budget, you only have these options :
Antec X1
Antec X1-E
Antec V1
NZXT Gamma (Rare)
Bitfenix Merc Alpha (Search locally for low price)
CM Elite 311
CM Elite 310 (Avoid, its discontinued as well)
And a couple of Zebronics mid tower cabinets

Even if you add a USB3.0 expansion later, you can always add a 2.5 inch USB 3.0 header to your cabinet.. they dont cost much

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/antec.png

I donot have any review link but this is what the official product page to X1-E states..
But I agree, lower end antec is made of flimsy material which may not last long
Also, IMO the best cabinet ~Rs 3k is this
Dont go for mini tower cabinet, lack of room and decent cooling options will make you regret your purchase

see the picture. how would you route the cables behind the tray? the only difference between the two is that x1 E has 2 usb 3.0 ports and a windowed side panel. x1 had only usb 2.0 ports. everything else is ditto even the dimensions.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it will not.. Unless you purchase an add on USB 3.0 expansion for your mobo, that extra USB 3.0 port will operate at USB2.0 mode..

until he has something like this *www.amazon.com/dp/B00EMTC6AC/?tag=hardfocom-20 ;)

- - - Updated - - -

my advice is to get Elite 311 or NZXT Gamma or Betfenix Merc Alpha.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
until he has something like this *www.amazon.com/dp/B00EMTC6AC/?tag=hardfocom-20 ;)

my advice is to get Elite 311 or NZXT Gamma or Betfenix Merc Alpha.

I currently have USB 3.0 PCI Card. Will that help?
So I need to get an extended cable from back?
Any ideas?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I currently have USB 3.0 PCI Card. Will that help?
So I need to get an extended cable from back?
Any ideas?

Does that card have actual header pins for front panel ? If not, then No..
The best you can use is a usb 3.0 extender cable that will bring your back panel port to the front

- - - Updated - - -

Cooler Master N200 @ 3.3k

for the last time, stop recommending that shitty cabinet, for 3.3k who is insane enough to buy a mini tower case with 3 fan slots..
Merc alpha beats it in almost every department

shubhi1395

Right off the assembly line
If you're looking for a cheap alternative with decent cooling and sufficient space, I'll recommend checking out i-ball gamer series cabinets.....cheap and not necessarily for gaming. They provide good airflow and come without psu.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Due to financial crunch had to put this on back seat. Now ready to buy one.
Budget is around Rs 2k-3k.

- - - Updated - - -

Does that card have actual header pins for front panel ? If not, then No..
The best you can use is a usb 3.0 extender cable that will bring your back panel port to the front
How do I check if the Card has Header Pins?
What is this USB 3.0 Extender Cable?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
*old.lanoc.org/images/stories/Reviews/MSI_P67A_GD80/Image_12.JPG
This is a usb 3.0 header.. check if your extension card has this protruding out.. If it does, then connect your front panel 3.0 header to it
If your card does not have and would still like to access your front panel usb 3.0, then buy a 3.0 extender cable, what it does is reroute your back panel port to front panel

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have this one. I guess it doesn't have the above pins given in your pic
Amazon.in: Buy Transcend PCI Express Interface USB 3.0 Dual Expansion Card Online at Low Prices in India | Transcend Reviews & Ratings

Top Bottom