Need a Config for Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
till date there is still no GPU,which compliants with DX10.
And regarding your config,MSI would be the best.Choose PCI-express as ur GPU platform.Go for either of these HD companies: Hitachi or WD Raptor or Caviar Series.
And regarding GPU,there is absolutely no end.You can think about 7 series cards which are very good.And definitely add a TFT to your config.That would be good for ya. Regarding RAM,go for either TwinMos or Corsair.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1)For graphic card try to get XFX for nvidia as they they would give the best after sales support, unless some other company gives you better features for an affordable price.

2) I would suggest get Seagate SATA II NCQ drives.
Support wise Hitachi may be best though.

3)Don't add a TFT in your budget, in fact it isn't even in your budget, don't compromise on important power parts for a TFT. In case you plan to extend your budget then either get Intel Core 2 Duo or better graphic card or keep it for future upgrade of graphic card and all. Also, with a TFT the problem is that those which are meant for gaming will be even mroe expensive making matters worse, also you will need to play at native res for better experience and for that you will need to upgrade to a mainstream or high end graphic card depending upon the monitor res every 6-12months, if you need to play at 1280*1024 then you are better off getting a high end card like radeon 1900xt or atleast 7900GT(extreme mainstream).

RAM, if you are gettign Asus A8N E or other mobos of its series then you need to know that corsair value select isn't supported. Corsair XMS is expensive. Twin mos may not even be easily available in India and after sales may be another problem.
For Amd ddr try to stick to Transcend ram(preferred: UCCC chips, else: Hynix D43 chips).

For ddr 2 667 for core 2 duo i think you may get corsair value select (d9 chips), which oc well, i think, ask for compatibility and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom