need a cheap gpu till midrange fermi releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
hi guys

need a cheap card until midrange fermi cards ships.Its ganna be used in my core i5 rig.I,m gonna sell of my 8600gt for 4k so need a card in that budget.I,ve shortlisted the xfx 9600gso which is around 4.2k as mentioned in aug 2009 issue of digit.

Any suggestions!!!!!!:???:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
hi guys

need a cheap card until midrange fermi cards ships.Its ganna be used in my core i5 rig.I,m gonna sell of my 8600gt for 4k so need a card in that budget.I,ve shortlisted the xfx 9600gso which is around 4.2k as mentioned in aug 2009 issue of digit.

Any suggestions!!!!!!:???:

Get 9600GT ~ 4.2k. When you can get GT at the same price as GSO, then why not buy a GT????

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Get 9600GT ~ 4.2k. When you can get GT at the same price as GSO, then why not buy a GT????

The xfx version of gt is expensive by 1-1.5k.Gso offer more performance as it has more sp's i.e 96 opposed to 64 in the gt.The gso is an expensive card but since it has reached its eol the prices have fallen drastically which makes it a great buy.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
get the hd 4670 is what i'd suggest, increase ur budget a little, otherwise get hd4650

both the gt and gso performs better than 4670.The former also supports physx so no point in gettin ati.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
vickybat, your initial choice was right about the cheap graphics card, the XFX 9600 GSO 768MB DDR2.
Yes it is having a ordinary DDR2 memory rather than fast GDDR3 memory, but it is a better performer than any other 9600 series card.
Why? In some of posts I've mentioned that this is a OEM type of card or special edition card. It is having 96 stream processors rather than 64 or 48 stream processors.
2ndly it is having 192 bit BUS width, compared to the 128 bit of others.

Probably it is a re branded 8800 GSO card. It was the best buy card also in Digit review.

So it is significantly better performer than other 9600GT cards as well as HD 4670. price is around 4 to 4.2k.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
The xfx version of gt is expensive by 1-1.5k.Gso offer more performance as it has more sp's i.e 96 opposed to 64 in the gt.The gso is an expensive card but since it has reached its eol the prices have fallen drastically which makes it a great buy.
Posted again:

both the gt and gso performs better than 4670.The former also supports physx so no point in gettin ati.

Try Palit/XpertVision 9600GT around 4.5k.

vickybat, your initial choice was right about the cheap graphics card, the XFX 9600 GSO 768MB DDR2. :shock:
Yes it is having a ordinary DDR2 memory rather than fast GDDR3 memory, but it is a better performer than any other 9600 series card.
Why? In some of posts I've mentioned that this is a OEM type of card or special edition card. It is having 96 stream processors rather than 64 or 48 stream processors.
2ndly it is having 192 bit BUS width, compared to the 128 bit of others.

Probably it is a re branded 8800 GSO card. It was the best buy card also in Digit review.

So it is significantly better performer than other 9600GT cards as well as HD 4670. price is around 4 to 4.2k.

Are you sure it's DDR2? Then its no use in buying it, as it'll beaten by 96GT by a huge margin...

AFAIK 9600GSO 768MB comes in DDR3 flavour.Isn't it?

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Are you sure it's DDR2? Then its no use in buying it, as it'll beaten by 96GT by a huge margin...

AFAIK 9600GSO 768MB comes in DDR3 flavour.Isn't it?[/QUOTE]

The xfx geforce 9600gso beat it 9600gt counterpart along with palit by good margins and came close to powercolor 4850 in the digit review.So i think its better than 9600gt.

So should i get it?:?

Cilus

laborare est orare

Rajkumar, Truly I didn't expect this kind of statement from u...if u have GDDR3, u will be victorious. Sure Graphics memory does help a lot to improve performance. But there are other parameters also, infact much important parameters
1st and most important is SP count. Now the XFX 9600GSO is having 96 compared to the 64 of GT versions.
2ndly it is having higher bus width, 192 bit compared to the 128 bit of GTs.

And I told u its a OEM type o card. Only XFX version is having the above mentioned features, not GSOs from other vendors AFAIK 9600GSO.

And vickybat, yes you can surely get it. It is a very good card.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@Cilus

Thanks a lot buddy for your valuable comments.

I've decided to go for the xfx 9600gso until mighty fermi releases.
Posted again:
@Cilus

Thanks a lot buddy for your valuable comments.

I've decided to go for the xfx 9600gso until mighty fermi releases.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Rajkumar, Truly I didn't expect this kind of statement from u...if u have GDDR3, u will be victorious. Sure Graphics memory does help a lot to improve performance. But there are other parameters also, infact much important parameters
1st and most important is SP count. Now the XFX 9600GSO is having 96 compared to the 64 of GT versions.
2ndly it is having higher bus width, 192 bit compared to the 128 bit of GTs.

And I told u its a OEM type o card. Only XFX version is having the above mentioned features, not GSOs from other vendors AFAIK 9600GSO.

And vickybat, yes you can surely get it. It is a very good card.

I said that because AFAIK there is no DDR2 flavours in GSO. And as we all know,DDR3 sure outperforms DDR2 version of the card. Isn't it?If not,then why everyone try to get a 8600GT 256MB DDR3 rather than a 8600GT 512MB DDR2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom