Need a camera within 15K

masterkd

Padawan
I need a camera within 15k
And I accept I am noob in cameras
I searched a little bit and shortlisted SX 240 but also open for other suggestions
Please help me to get one.

Thanks in advance.

What's your budget?
Rs. 15000

Camera type?
DSLR or Point and Shoot

Advanced Point and Shoot

Body Style?
Compact or Bridge (bulky)

No preference
Only image quality matters

How much zoom do you want/expect?
As much as possible provided it doesn't make the overall quality low

Do you care for manual exposure controls?
Not much right away as I don't know how to use the functionality
but like to have it as I want to learn it

What will you be shooting with this camera?
Everything (I mean any occasion or travel)

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?
Indoor and outdoor both, sports rarely

Video?
good to have

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?
SX240/SX260 but it seems to out of stock everywhere

Any brand preference? Like/dislike
No for Samsung
Canon preferred

From where will you be buying?
Online/Local store

Open for both Online and local

Any other features you need?
Viewfinder, Image stabilization, Continuous drive/burst mode, Wifi, External flash, mic jack, HDMI, Remote, GPS, Articulated screen, Weatherproof, Extra frills like Panorama, HDR etc, battery type...

Image stabilization, Panorama

Anything else you would like to tell us?
I am noob to photography

Last edited:
OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Camera experts any suggestions??
By the way HS240 and HS260 out of stock everywhere
Any other suggestions having same quality??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am little confused with advanced p&s and mentioning of SX240/260 and don't mind manual exposure control. So I am assuming you are looking for a decent image producing p&s camera.

You can get one around/under 10k.
IXUS255
WX150

If you are not in a hurry, wait for some good offers. For the last two years I see good offers comes around Saraswati puja time (few weeks before diwali).

Note: Not necessarily it would this year too. Just I think it's most likely to happen.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Actually currently I have zero idea on manual controls but like to buy something a little bit advanced so that when I learn all these stuffs I will be able to use them. I apologize if I confused anyone and also corrected the the original post.
Also cannot wait long as my parents are traveling on this october, so I need to get the camera by September 3rd week.

Also as I find SX240/SX260 is unavailable everywhere thinking to get TZ30

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
When people talking about camera, advanced compact (p&s) means large sensor compact camera. Image quality is better than typical 1/2.3" sensor compact camera, less zoom, plenty of manual controls. You may not appreciate the feature set of these advanced compacts as you are new...

Nikon P330 - it comes under your budget
Fuji XF1 - Little out of your budget

Whereas SX240/260 is a small sensor compact with plenty of zoom and manual controls. If this is the kinda camera you want, there are very few choices you have in your budget.
SX240/260, TZ25/30, HX10/20V are all announced about a year ago and replaced by their successors. (Canon yet to launch it's in Indian market).

SX240 and TZ25 were selling @ 12500; SX260, TZ30 and HX10 were selling around 14500; HX20 were selling around 16000 before disappearing from the market.

You may find some old stocks and they will have a higher price tag. And the successors are out of your budget. Either you have to pay little more for the old stock or you can increase your budget a little and get a bridge camera like FZ60. Else settle of decent p&s shoot like IXUS 255.

Choice and money is yours. I am just giving my opinion.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
^Thanks a lot for all the advice.
I have narrowed down to two options.
1. TZ30 @ Rs 16911 from Flipkart
2. FZ60 @ Rs 15389 from Flipkart

What do you think??

Also I have a query regarding memory cards. Does class 4/6/10 have much impact??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
FZ60 eyes closed... Place your order before stock lasts or they withdraw the deal. 15k for FZ60 is a steal... Wonderful pricing and surprisingly from Flipkart...

For now the card you get along with the bundle is suffice. You can look for higher rated when/if you needed.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Just received the camera today. Took some snaps in auto settings. Pictures are awesome.
Now gotta learn manual controls.
Thanks a lot nac.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Congrats and happy clicking...

You can share your work in photography thread...

Top Bottom