Need a cabby and cpu cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
I am looking for a decent cabby around Rs 2k. Coolermaster elite 334 seems a good choice at this price. What do you guys suggest?

(I could have gone for CM 690 but I might have to move elsewhere after a few months and dont want to carry along the cabby with me :()

Also suggest a cpu cooler for Rs 1k-1.5k (and a thermal compound to match) :smile:

layzee

■■■■■■
The CoolerMaster Elite 334 is a good cabby. For the CPU cooler I heartily suggest that you spend some more money and opt for a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme which will cost you around Rs. 2,700 . Its a superb product and from my personal experience with it, I believe it would be best if you bundle it with a Scythe S-Flex SFF21F 1600RPM 120mm fan to have the coolest temperatures. For a thermal compound nothing comes close to Artic Silver which costs around 400 bucks .

Kush6

Broken In
Actually, the Arctic MX-2 is much better than Arctic Silver - being non conducting too! And its also some 400 bucks so get the over silver. Cooler, you can get the thermal Right Ultima90I, the Ultra Extreme will not fit in the elite 330 I think. the Antibiotic from Zebronics will also be a good choice.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
For the CPU cooler I heartily suggest that you spend some more money and opt for a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme which will cost you around Rs. 2,700 . Its a superb product and from my personal experience with it, I believe it would be best if you bundle it with a Scythe S-Flex SFF21F 1600RPM 120mm fan to have the coolest temperatures. For a thermal compound nothing comes close to Artic Silver which costs around 400 bucks .

I have heard good words for the Ultra 120. Whats the cost of Scythe fan?

Actually, the Arctic MX-2 is much better than Arctic Silver - being non conducting too! And its also some 400 bucks so get the over silver. Cooler, you can get the thermal Right Ultima90I, the Ultra Extreme will not fit in the elite 330 I think. the Antibiotic from Zebronics will also be a good choice.

Are you sure about the Ultra not fitting the cabby?:confused: And no Zebronics please :)

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes me also read that with TRU-120 installed, the side panel of elite 330 can't be closed. BTW, if you are getting a dual core then Ultima 90 would be a better choice with elite 330 but it is not sufficient for quad core.

As for the thermal paste, MX-2 gives better performance than Arctic silver, I have used both of them.

shift

Seed is the Life!!
Go for Zebronics Peace, am using it and i say its very good :)

*www.zebronics.net/gamingcabin.asp

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Zeb peace is a good cabby but still not suitable for highend configuration and specially not for overclocking freaks :D
I have had the peace cabby n also the antibiotic but both of them don't even come close to CM690 in terms of space, cable management, air flow, modding and its water cooling ready.

forever

filth is me
Are cooler master elite 330s a decent buy too? ill be installing a fan for the vga so i hope there are no space issues with that. i can live without the aesthetics.

channabasanna

In the zone
I think TRU-120 will fit into the Elite cabinet's only thing u need to do is remove that chimney which is in the side panel of the Cabinet.

I once had removed the Chimney and fixed a 80mm fan as intake, later put back the chimney and fixed the 80mm fan to the lower holes present in the Cabinet side.

This week end will go and get a CPU Cooler to my proccy..

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Well all the time I was assuming that the chimney will not be there :confused: In fact I have a plan to remove the chimney and cut a 120mm hole in its place to fit a bigger fan. With three 120 mm fans(front/back/side) and an intake fan at the bottom of the PSU(VX 450) the elite should prove to be a good cabby :)

BTW, I am getting Elite334 for Rs 1705 + shipping which should come around Rs 2100 and Artic Cooling MX-2 for Rs 320 from Lynx. Do you think its a good deal? And any idea about Amigo fans?

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
You can get the elite 330 here in kolkata itself, you could save the shipping charges and overall cost price would be less. AC MX-2 is fine and no idea about amigo fans.
You could try primeabgb for the scythe fans, proven performance.

BTW, what do use to cut the 120mm hole?

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Well the lowest price that I could get for Elite 330(withoput SMPS) in Chandni was Rs 2600 + VAT :mad: And I am more interested in Elite 334 (looks like a mini version of 690 to me ;))

About cutting the hole...haven't figured it out yet :confused: But when there's a will there's a way (Like getting my Dell monitor :razz:). I will keep you informed.

asheet

Journeyman
Hi

I have Cooler Master Extreme Power 650W SMPS along with Zebronics Antibiotic Cabinet for sale at Mumbai.

Cooler Master Extreme Power 650W with orig Box but used for 1 month n case you are looking for a cheaper option. I bought it for Rs 8500 can give you the same for Rs 5000 (SMPS+Cabinet)

Pl let me know if you are interseted. You can reach me at my cell 92233 23333.
I also have Gearhead Wireless Keyborad & MOuse (Packed) for Rs 1000
Also am selling a 3 month old Samsung SCX-4200 Laser ALl-in-one printer with Laser Cart 80% full as I bought a Laser All-in-one now. If you want COlor Laser ALl-in-one I can sell you the same (Samsung CLX-3175FN) for Rs 37000 (Packed with all caretidge also packed). MRP Rs 45K + Tax.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Hi

I have Cooler Master Extreme Power 650W SMPS along with Zebronics Antibiotic Cabinet for sale at Mumbai.

Sorry to disappoint you but I already bought Elite 334 for 2000/- :smile: Thanks for the offer, though. If you haven't done so already, put your offer in the Bazaar section.

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
Im using CM 690 - with transparent side panel @ 4.6k.
Also having Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme @ 2.8k.(not lapped yet)
Also just bought S-flex Scythe 120 MM fan with 65 cfm @ 730 ,
and sunbeam 120 mm led fan having 45 cfm @ 350.
Will be using both fans with Thermalright U 120 Extrm.

Also in ur case I'd suggest Thermalright ultra 90 @ 1.48k.
Where to buy : Primeabgb - Thermalright u90[click here]

Company's product page : here

Review 1 : ocia.net
Review 2 : overclockercafe

Be careful when u buy a cabinet for these type of big coolers!

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Also in ur case I'd suggest Thermalright ultra 90 @ 1.48k.

Thanks for the suggestion :) However I am not going to overclock immediately and when I do , I would like to go for Sunbeamtech or Ultima-90...read some ggod reviews regarding the former :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom