Need a budget portable HDD

Romonster

Broken In
Hi
I need a 2.5' portable HDD of size about 320GB or 500GB

I intend to use it in my PS2 which has got 2 USB 1.1 port so i want one which got 'USB-Y' cable.

So I'm thinking to buy Transcend Storejet 320 GB.
Should I by this or there is some better alternative?
(I keep getting told by the busiest shopkeper in the town that transcend drives are bad and get WD ones, but I don't believe him ;))

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi
I need a 2.5' portable HDD of size about 320GB or 500GB

I intend to use it in my PS2 which has got 2 USB 1.1 port so i want one which got 'USB-Y' cable.

So I'm thinking to buy Transcend Storejet 320 GB.
Should I by this or there is some better alternative?
(I keep getting told by the busiest shopkeper in the town that transcend drives are bad and get WD ones, but I don't believe him ;))

Whats your budget, bud? If its within 5K, you may consider the WD 1TB Passport Essential. Transcend is not bad but WD is perhaps better IMHO.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
this time you gotta believe the shopkeeper, he's right. Don't buy transcend products especially if you have the budget. Get WD or seagate.

OP
Romonster

Romonster

Broken In
No I don't have much budget as i just got my parents convinced to get me one if it is cheaper than 3k. so I'm in a tight position.
I think I'll just get transcend one right now and get premium USB3 when the time comes :)

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
if you are on a budget then build your own. you will save a couple of hundred bucks.
Buy any 2.5" HDD , buy a case and stick the HDD in the case .

Top Bottom