Broken In
I need a mobile for my elder sister

Budget : 9k n below

Display : ??

Dual SIM : If possible , yes

Preffered Choice : Motorola or good customer service

Camera : Good quality

Preffered COnnectivity : 3G ,4g if possible

Primary Use: Surfing Net , genral use of fb,whats app , Camera .

Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Moto E 4G or Yureka

Any other info that you want to share ?? Preffering Mote E due to customer care n being reliable for long span of time
As She will use it for genral use only , so it wud be waste to go for a hardware heavy :mrgreen: mobile , rather go for stable n longevity.
I rejected Xiaomi due to customer care n it being based on MUI .

MY major cons are Moto E's camera . IS it really bad?? Edit selfis dont matter but rear camera??
For Yureka : customer service?? n Wud Micromax provide sofware support after 2 yrs?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Moto E 2nd gen cam is good but lacks flash. I wouldn't suggest Yureka since CM is having bugs.

I would suggest you to go with Redmi 2.It has both Good Cam, Good Display,Good Speaker Quality.Redmi 2 have MIUI 6.0 which is lot smoother and faster than MIUI 5.0.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
-1 for redmi2, I bought RedMi 2 for my mom and its lag is quite noticeable. Phone used for only making calls and playing one or two games. No apps like facebook, whatsapp etc installed. Photo quality and speaker is good.

OP
D

dan11

Broken In
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] what abt Yureka support in future and Micromax customer support??

Why Not Moto e ??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
CM11s based phones = sufficient dev support = good chances of updates. Micromax doesn't controls the software part in Yureka.

Moto E is overpriced. Should've been for 6.5k max.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^he is talking about after sales/customer support not dev support.

[MENTION=297662]dan11[/MENTION],in this budget your only option is motorola.even asus takes ~5 weeks to replace damaged screen(read the below post) that too in a city like Mumbai(add at least 1 week more for a small/medium city).forget about micromax & redmi if your primary concern is after sales/customer support.
*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets...-thread-z4-z5-z6-post2229377.html#post2229377

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
even asus takes ~5 weeks to replace damaged screen(read the below post) that too in a city like Mumbai(add at least 1 week more for a small/medium city).forget about micromax & redmi if your primary concern is after sales/customer support.
*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets...-thread-z4-z5-z6-post2229377.html#post2229377

but that is good in a manner as sandynator got a better device.

isn't it better to get Moto g2 at 11k? or zenphone 5 at 9k is ok?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
getting a better device for long delay is like playing a lottery,there are no guarantees not to mention you should be prepared to live without your asus phone for a month or more.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
15 days max time to give proper resolution is OK but an reputed brand should not take such long time almost 36-38 days.
Asus should have kept enough spares of their best seller devices

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
LENOVO A7000 eyes closed @ 8999. i am using it currently. got 3 days back :) supports otg, double tap to wake, prevent accidental screen touching in pocket, call ringtone reduces volume if u pick up the phone,MANY MORE + and it runs lolipop with 1.3GB FREE RAM
excellent battery, can root and install CWM, display is outstanding, front 5mp and rear 8mp, though not great, but good.
it costs 8999, you can save 1 rupee.
included earphones are absolutely crap so i ordered cowon em1 @ 975(with mic)
benchmark performance(AnTuTu-43000) is nearly just 2000 points behing the htc m8 which costs around 40k.

buy a yureka and u can cook omelette's and dosas without using lpg, and help to save environment but you get only 3 hour to 1 hour battery life so you need a plug box to power its charger as even powerbanks can't charge as it discharges much faster.(my friend has it... just like hell hydra, its hell micromax)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
~snip~
buy a yureka and u can cook omelette's and dosas without using lpg, and help to save environment but you get only 3 hour to 1 hour battery life so you need a plug box to power its charger as even powerbanks can't charge as it discharges much faster.(my friend has it... just like hell hydra, its hell micromax)

My sister is using Yureka and gets around 2 days of battery life ~7-8 hours of on screen time. (I have tweaked and optimised the phone)
Stock CM11s with 1st OTA. No overheating or problems related to Proximity Sensor. I'm surprised many people are getting those problems.

The Volstagg

Broken In
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] please let us know(if possible) how did you tweak and optimize yu yureka for good battery life....? Because every yureka user are having a hard time because of battery..

mitraark

Decrepit
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] please let us know(if possible) how did you tweak and optimize yu yureka for good battery life....? Because every yureka user are having a hard time because of battery..

I'm not. 1 full day of use with 4-5 hours of screen time, no heavy apps such as games though, mostly Facebook and Twitter. Two of my friends have it, they are also getting more than decent battery life.

The fact is only a fraction of all units have heating issues and bettery problems, but that fraction is significantly large compared to more trustworthy companies such as Sony or HTC. My point is there's no denying Micromax is not reliable, but that doesn't mean all of it's phones are bad. If you're on a tight budget, and not buying long term ( < 2 years ), Micromax is the way to go.

the.one

In the zone
LENOVO A7000 eyes closed @ 8999. i am using it currently. got 3 days back :) supports otg, double tap to wake, prevent accidental screen touching in pocket, call ringtone reduces volume if u pick up the phone,MANY MORE + and it runs lolipop with 1.3GB FREE RAM
excellent battery, can root and install CWM, display is outstanding, front 5mp and rear 8mp, though not great, but good.
it costs 8999, you can save 1 rupee.
included earphones are absolutely crap so i ordered cowon em1 @ 975(with mic)
benchmark performance(AnTuTu-43000) is nearly just 2000 points behing the htc m8 which costs around 40k.

Coool review of the a7000

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
getting a better device for long delay is like playing a lottery,there are no guarantees not to mention you should be prepared to live without your asus phone for a month or more.

true but then in case of delay, user can create a scene and demand the warranty to be extended for that delay duration.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@SaiyanGoku please let us know(if possible) how did you tweak and optimize yu yureka for good battery life....? Because every yureka user are having a hard time because of battery..
1. Unlock the bootloader
2. Root the phone.
3. Hibernate all user apps.
4. Remove/Freeze bloatwares
5. Remove non-essential apps from startup
6. Minor underclock (10-15%) the processor
7. Disable wakelocks
8. Keep GPS, wifi, data, etc off when not required
9. Set low enough brightness for indoors instead of auto mode
10. Disable screen auto-rotate (optional)

Top Bottom