Need a Advice on Moto E vs Redmi 1S

u4upendra

Broken In
Hello friends my budget is 7K ..... Need a Advice on Moto E vs Redmi 1S vs HTC desire 210 i am really confused which one i have to buy in these two when i asked my friends some saying go for moto e and some saying go for Redmi 1s... PLEASE clear my confusion suggest me a good choice for a long run mobile.... this is my frist use of andriod phone

Updated..

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hello friends my budget is 7K ..... Need a Advice on Moto E vs Redmi 1S i am really confused which one i have to buy in these two when i asked my friends some saying go for moto e and some saying go for Redmi 1s... PLEASE clear my confusion suggest me a good choice for a long run mobile....

stick to moto e it has better quality and aftersales

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Neither.. I find the new android one phones to be much more better/vfm.

yeah to an extent but the brands available at the moment arent worth it- karbonn,micromax and spice
rather get a moto e than experiment with such brands

I can give you a good comparison of what i've made up for the last moth after a looong searching.

Build Quality
Some will say Redmi 1S, no doubt it had got a good bar shaped design but its plastic akin to Moto E, so no issues with wither of them.
However the simple cut-to-cut design of Redmi appeals me.

Performance
Even while having a QS 400 @ 1.6 Ghz, the Redmi has a lot of issues in UI. I have read review of buyers that they are have UI crashes and lagging, comparing to moto e, moto offers a much better lag free interface with a better RAM management.
Coming to the gaming performance both of them are at par, they can *run* any game presently found at the Play Store. but Redmi's got heating issues. Unlike Moto it heats up a lot to about 45C max while gaming and recording HD videos.

Camera
With the bugs of MIUI camera its not used fully in the Redmi. Moto lags behind in the segment. Its got a FF camera of 5mp with is *good* just for casual shots. Redmi's Camera is a 8mp can shots pretty good, I mean far better than a Samsung Grand but HD videos make it come down to earth.

UI
Plain Vanilla Android experience can only be accomplished by Moto. Its already got and update of 4.4.4 and will receive a L update AFAIK, the UI is almost bug free and has better RAM management. MIUI struggles even with a GB of RAM, it just provides 400 mb of RAM for free. MIUI has its own UI crash and Camera APp crash issues, for a guy with a first Android phone its not good at all.

Storage
Moto struggles on a 1.66gb of free space to install all your app, but after rooting SD card can be used.Moreover, moto e doesn't has OTG support. On the other hand, Redmi wins the show with about 6gb of Space free and support OTG(correct me if im wrong).

Screen
Redmi wins again. Boasting a 4.7" 720p HD display with 326ppi its spits on the Moto witch has 4.3" display with 256ppi. Both of them bieng equally good Moto had better brightness and saturation levels.

Verdict
Redmi costs about 6k and Moto e costs about 7k Redmi wins Camera, Storage and Screen. However, MIUI has a lot of bugs and a simple SW update cannot make its RAM more free as MIUI will remain resource hungry. And getting it is a pain in the @$$.
If you are looking for a good phone from reputed brand and future Android updates with a bug free day-to-day rugged phone Moto E is for you.
And if you are happy with Indian Brands and want to give Android One a go then you can consider that too.
But IMO Redmi is never recommended.

- - - Updated - - -

For more Info read some Flipkart comments and Reviews on the internet.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ nicely put,
OP, how do plan to use your phone?

With no updates every now and then, go for moto e

^ nicely put,
OP, how do plan to use your phone?

With no updates every now and then, go for moto e
Thank you.

No way man I will suggest android one over any of these.
Well, Android One is the best ever phone in the Indian Budget market but their Mediateck chip and a low screen resolution with a Mali 400 Gpu makes its a not-good-enough-deal. And you do get the trust of Motorola on Moto phones. Moreover, Goggle rolling out all the updates for Android one for 2 years ! is just a Gimmick! these phone do not have a Out-of-the-world hardware to support updates in such a long time. You can never guess the future of indian brands.
If you are interested to wait then surely do And look out if ASUS and HTC roll out their phones.

$hadow

Geek in making
Thank you.

Well, Android One is the best ever phone in the Indian Budget market but their Mediateck chip and a low screen resolution with a Mali 400 Gpu makes its a not-good-enough-deal. And you do get the trust of Motorola on Moto phones. Moreover, Goggle rolling out all the updates for Android one for 2 years ! is just a Gimmick! these phone do not have a Out-of-the-world hardware to support updates in such a long time. You can never guess the future of indian brands.
If you are interested to wait then surely do And look out if ASUS and HTC roll out their phones.

Well I don't beleive anything untill I saw it. And since Google is saying so it might support it and along that dev support is also started for these phones. CM has also released rom for it if I am not wrong

solanky

Broken In
Moto E if you are a first time Android user. Otherwise Redmi 1S is many times better than Moto E or Android One.

Now lets wait for OP rather than fighting.
But considering the hassle of buying Redmi 1S its crap ! after all of the good hardware when you aren't satisfied with the UI out of the box it make you SALTY !

Minion

Conversation Architect
I will suggest Karbonn Sparkel V Since it is a Android One device with google certified hardware and software also google promised to provide updates for 2 years directly.
another reason is it doesn't skip on features or sensors and comes with stock rom.
LINK
Karbonn Sparkle V - Full phone specifications

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a review
*www.freetechsupport.co.in/karbonn-sparkle-v-customer-review-android-one-phone/

OP
U

u4upendra

Broken In
[MENTION=288781]than[/MENTION]k u all for taking time and respond to my thread... Nikileshsharma thank u for the prefect view on both mobiles... i am the new to this smart phone still i am big fan of basic standard mobile i never used the smart phone this is my frist buy so i like to know the things, can i start with moto e?? has my first andriod phone... any suggestion htc desire 210??

Minion

Conversation Architect
Android one is actually a pretty good deal but what about the BRAND Karbonn ?

Karbonn have lots of service centers even in small town that is a big plus.

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=288781]than[/MENTION]k u all for taking time and respond to my thread... Nikileshsharma thank u for the prefect view on both mobiles... i am the new to this smart phone still i am big fan of basic standard mobile i never used the smart phone this is my frist buy so i like to know the things, can i start with moto e?? has my first andriod phone... any suggestion htc desire 210??

Get Moto E if you don't care about camera HTC Desire 210 is utter crap since it got only 512 MB of ram and 1300Mah battery which will not last even for 12 hrs.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
karbonn etc have quality issues though its a better brand than most other such brands and has more service centres
but stick to Moto E,its a safer buy

Top Bottom