Need a 2 TB External HDD

zubair.s.kazi

AS Level Student
I need an external hard drive of at least 1 TB but as file sizes are increasing each day, i want to future proof it with 2 TBs. Problem is, I dont want to spent 6000 buck which is the minimum in flipkart. Since I don't need all that space right now, I'm thinking of a hard drive enclosure (which holds more than one disk) so I can buy 1 TB now as an internal drive (which i assume is cheaper) and later add more storage when I need. Can you please suggest any such enclosures? Let it be cheap too. Thanks and Regards

Naxal

Little Kid
You are from Kolkata, so in chadni you will get many such techcom or frontec or Chinese brand external encloser but they all will need external wall socket for power up.

But they wont hold 2 drives.

What you want is NAS but without disc just the enclosure, but they too costs a lot.

Better to save money and get those 6k type 2TB mainstream portable discs

OP
zubair.s.kazi

zubair.s.kazi

AS Level Student
sorry for the extremely late reply... internet connection went on a vacation! ill go check in the market.. thanks

mitraark

Decrepit
A Big NO to External Drive enclosures. and NAS is too costly ( i don;t know much about those but i also searched for something which can hold multiple internal HDDs , size not a concern , but results turned up some very costly device with several functionalities which i would never need).

I would tell you to buy the smaller 1 TB HDDs over bulky 2 TB with external power. The big HDDs are not very portable, really troublesome.

But if space is what you need , go for the 2 TB.

Top Bottom