Need a 19" lcd monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldip10

In the zone
Hey guys I'm also Planning to buy a 19" Wide screen LCD monitor..

Got info about a LG(modle not known..) frm Local dealer. Price: Rs 9500.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
some friend of mine has it. He told me about that.
sir i want u to check it before buying. please read some review, it might be mentioned there.

ask your friend to set up the brightness and contrast settings properly. I used Displaymate to adjust these.

Brightness around 65 and contrast around 60. Resulting quality is excellent and is also easy on eye.

*www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/much-awaited-dell-se198wfp-short-review-98705.html

*www.chotocheeta.com/2007/10/05/quick-review-super-flop-view-sonic-vx1932wm/ <-- suggesting Dell 198WFP

Best buy user reviews: *www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;j...=product&tab=7&id=1195598242744#productdetail

CNET australia review: *www.cnet.com.au/desktops/monitors/0,239029422,339277757,00.htm

reviews at dell site: *reviews.dell.com/2341-en_gb/100801/reviews.htm

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 940NW 19" widescreen, I bought this exactly one year back for 11.5K, Now the prices would have really fallen. The clarity is awesome, so I recommend it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
no DVI for both 940nw and 920nw. I would stay away from both. Better pick either LG L206WTQ or Dell 198WFP. Both are superb displays

diffuser911

Broken In
Hey guys, got a Samsung 920NW...no DVI, but no options as well...DVI things were for 13k, so totally outta my budget and timeframe...same for the Dell...15 days delivery?? No way!! Still to test the thing...will post soon about results for movies and gaming experience...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^ 15 days delivery? I bought my 198WFP directly from a dealer and he got it in 20 minutes.

no DVI... well, what can I say???

You can easily get Dell/Acer/ASUS/LG 19" monitors with DVI inside 10k easily. You should've searched. It took 2hours of phone calls for me to locate the dealer that can get me the monitor that I wanted :)

anyways, congrats for your purchase.

diffuser911

Broken In
Thanks bond bhai, but i was unable to locate any dealer in the street in the town that was infested with hardware vendors...even tried in my hometown, without avail...no DVI sucks, but will do if the display is good for some old-time CS and GTA runs...and yup, movies too...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi,

198WFP is priced at 10,600/--- (site shows 9,200)...flat..that includes the base cost+shipping and all the extra jazz they throw in..

--- Shipping time is 2 weeks, but after I placed the order..the differential is coming to ~18 days.

--- Poor customer service. After 20-25 voice mail calls..I finally got a rep.

--- If you leave a call back message...they call back after 24 hours.

I wanted the 198WFP and could not find a direct dealer in all of Nehru Place (searched it all, they were offering 17" only). So I guess 19" is only available via the Bangalore help line. Though it has DVI (I am praying they supply the DVI cable -- else another ride to Nehru place..!)

Well DELL is DELL....am patiently waiting..but I think 198WFP is a good choice..with DVI/Sleek looks/good display. A good compliment to a DVI complaint GFX card.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Yes. I got one VGA cable and one DVI cable with the monitor. Congrats on your purchase buddy. good choice.

diffuser911

Broken In
The Samsung seems good enuf at quake 3 and a few divx movies....no problems...contrast and all are fine...no time to explore the osd yet, as it is now plugged to lappy and am too lazy to go there to make changes...

one prob: pics taken from digicam look screwed up...but guess that's common to all widescreens, and nothing can be done...is there any way to apply them as wallpapers, without looking streched???

will try cs-cz today...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Dude. First and foremost, run DisplayMate test and adjust your brightness and contrast levels. Then only you will get the best out of the monitor. Do not rely on the default settings.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. it is. you can also use Everest Ultimate's monitor calibration tool

coming to walllpapers, I had around 2Gb of wallpapers. Now I have to download 1440x900 variants of them :(

Last edited:

diffuser911

Broken In
Yup, wallpapers can be downloaded, but what abt pic from digicams and cells? they all look horrible now...streching all the way

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Just got the Dell 198WFP 2 hours ago. It is a beauty. Sleek silver border, with black back. Excellent resolution. Got the DVI cable too.

Having a blast. Games are looking so different..WOW......!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom