Need 1.5 Ton split AC

Minion

Conversation Architect
Guys my room is 13*12 ft and is exposed to direct sunlight what tonnage I need?
I live in a humid area.Usage will be 8-12hrs.
plz suggest some models.

My budget is 45-50k.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
1.5 Ton is sufficient for your room size. Look at these 3 ACs mentioned below. The Hitachis are expensive of the three but then their quality is unmatched at the moment.

Sharp 1.5 Ton Inverter AH-XP18PMT
Hitachi Kashikoi 200i/300i/400i
Daikin 1.5 Ton Inverter FTKP50PRV16

OP
M

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks incinerator for such quick reply. Sharp is almost non existent in Odisha it is only available in ezone I don't think they will provide good service here.

Hitachi Kashikoi are super expensive starting from 54k which is above my budget.

Daikin availability is issue still I can get it.

I have selected these two
RAU019UEA(INVERTER)
RAU514EUDA(5 star)

How are these?

one more thing went to Hitachi dealer he is saying inverter ACs are giving trouble after after 1 year is it true?

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Thanks incinerator for such quick reply. Sharp is almost non existent in Odisha it is only available in ezone I don't think they will provide good service here.

Hitachi Kashikoi are super expensive starting from 54k which is above my budget.

Daikin availability is issue still I can get it.

I have selected these two
RAU019UEA(INVERTER)
RAU514EUDA(5 star)

How are these?

one more thing went to Hitachi dealer he is saying inverter ACs are giving trouble after after 1 year is it true?

The Hitachi ACE that you have chosen is 54K almost so try for the Kashikoi 200i / 300i, for almost the same price but or a Rs 2000 more,would be a lot better buy imo.

Secondly whoever told you inverters fail made a generalized statement without knowledge. The installation has to be correct. The inverters have R410a refrigerant gas which reacts with oxygen if the coppertubing between the outdoor and indoor unit is not vacuumed. And always keep in mind to keep outdoor unit top part away from direct afternoon sun or use a shade since the inverter controller motherboard is on top. The mother board part is a precaution not necessarily important but the Vacuuming part is a necessity and of utmost importance. Remember to buy the inverter model only. Don't waste money on a 5 star ac.

Last edited:
OP
M

Minion

Conversation Architect
What other stores you have inquired with?

I live in Puri so only 2 dealer for Hitachi.

- - - Updated - - -

The Hitachi ACE that you have chosen is 54K almost so try for the Kashikoi 200i / 300i, for almost the same price but or a Rs 2000 more,would be a lot better buy imo.

I am getting it for 51k.Can't increase my budget anymore not even 1k.These 2 models have almost same specification Kashikoi model have more cooling capacity and EER of 3.81 while ACE have EER of 3.80.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
We don't require stabilisers in Kolkata as we never have power cuts let alone fluctuations so I'm not well versed in stabilizers however I have heard great things about V- Guard.

Last edited:

subhashis_1980

Right off the assembly line
We don't require stabilisers in Kolkata as we never have power cuts let alone fluctuations so I'm not well versed in stabilizers however I have heard great things about V- Guard.
Hi Incinerator,
Thanks for all the information. It seems you are from Kolkata, can you please guide as to where can i get the Godrej AC outdoor unit stands.

Top Bottom