Neck deep in S***..........Need urgent advice.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
*img689.imageshack.us/img689/8083/xewd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry,earlier upload failed.
What you see is the famous Polycarbonate finish wearing off...and the layers are coming without any effort.You may also notice two fine cracks near lens,well thats just a surface crack and is a earlier stage of peeling off.
Samsung's behaviour is just crappy..They even have the audacity of saying that all galaxy's face this issue.

Please advise me what to do...Any contacts higher up in Samsung will be greatly helpful...Please thinkdigitians,I urgently need your help.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
And its just not limited to battery cover.I may buy another back cover,but paint has also come out of the silver aluminium like finish around the galaxy s3....and never has my device fallen.

How old is your Phone ??

7 months old.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
IMO this should get covered in warranty. also spam Samsung facebook and twitter page.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Bro,according to book,it should get covered under warranty,but the local Samsung Service are too arrogant to even accept it as a fault.
Over that they shrug saying that its common with Samsung and they can't do anything.
That's why I'm looking for your help,as I don't see this case going anywhere without dragging the top haunches of Samsung in!!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Bro,according to book,it should get covered under warranty,but the local Samsung Service are too arrogant to even accept it as a fault.
Over that they shrug saying that its common with Samsung and they can't do anything.
That's why I'm looking for your help,as I don't see this case going anywhere without dragging the top haunches of Samsung in!!

ask them in written or capture them saying that, and post that in Samsung facebook page.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I have tried contacting them on their facebook page umpteen no of times,but they seem to only keep the praises.They remove all complaints without even seeing once :cry:

ankush28

Bazinga
you can change backpanel...
similer thing was happened with my friend's nexus 4, its backpanel glass broke with very little pressure (LG charged him 2.6k :rofl: )

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Or threaten to send an email to their seniors i did it once and I showed them the email which I sent and I showed them the rely which said i was entitled to replacement

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Try other service center & speak like u are the last person "bicchara" guy on this planet. They will help. :mrgreen:

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I've tried both threatening and begging,but that was of no use...I've turned to Akosha for help...Lets see,what happens.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Update-Samsung shamelessly accepts the fault and tells that its a common issue with all Grands,S3's,S4's and other Galaxy's with same finish and mine is not a one off case.The solution provided is:-
1.Either keep buying that cover every 6 months,whenever the issue occurs,for 500 bucks.
2.Or give Samsung a legal notice regarding the matter...:p
Imagine,this is an advice provided by SamSung Customer Care..

BTW,have a look:-
White Samsung Galaxy S III having build quality issues too?

Hrishi

Update-Samsung shamelessly accepts the fault and tells that its a common issue with all Grands,S3's,S4's and other Galaxy's with same finish and mine is not a one off case.The solution provided is:-
1.Either keep buying that cover every 6 months,whenever the issue occurs,for 500 bucks.
2.Or give Samsung a legal notice regarding the matter...:p
Imagine,this is an advice provided by SamSung Customer Care..

BTW,have a look:-
White Samsung Galaxy S III having build quality issues too?

lol , do it @OP. Do it.

Top Bottom