Neat Digit forum

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I checked the stylish addon imav provided link to . Greasemonkey script wont run on Stylish. Sorry.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Vishal, I was not able to check any example of a stylish script as userstyles.org is blocked in my office :p . Is stylish script a javascript?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hey dude, thanx for the script, it works like a charm :D
--------------

Cheers n e-peace...

----------------------
---------------------
@ tarey:

also, can the scripts be made easily ??? i mean i want to make scripts for som other websites too (wich hv annoying 'vertical side' ads) so how to go abt it ???
------------

I hv also found a font soln for FF, plz see my siggy :D

TO all: Many of us maybe using them, but still, it will help alot of new comers :)

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Ashu, f you know basic javascript , it will do . See some greasemonkey tuts. for example this digit script is only of 10 lines.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Update :

I have modified the Greasemonkey script to hide some new ads that the forum has included, i.e. the sponsored links section between two posts. The new script can be found here
Check following image links to see the difference :

Before
After

Tested on Firefox 3.0 and above.

Information on how to use this script is given in the first post of this thread.I have updated the script link there too.
Hope you find it useful.

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
One more update, this time no ad blocking but something i wanted to implement since long time :D . Script includes ad block from last version, plus few more new stuff. I hope this is useful for who are already using adblock :).

Script makes following changes on the page.

1. Popular threads stand out.
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3498/3278344564_6c020a2795_o.png

2. Different background color for the threads you have already posted in.
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3370/3278344566_c57a405466_o.png

3. Mark the thread that you started.
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3527/3278344556_07195b593a_o.png

4. A legend to help :)
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3461/3278344560_8ec060151f_o.png

You can easily change colors/icons from the script , i have programmed it badly :p , but i have put comments properly so you can change anything that you want . I didn't have proper icons with me , so if anyone can share icons and any suggestion for color scheme..it will be great.

If you want any feature added then do suggest, i will try to implement it . If you modify the script and implement something from your side, then please share it here so everyone can use it.

I hope some people find it useful.
I have tested it with Firefox 3.0. If you are using IE browser then you can use this script with GreasemonkIE plugin for IE.

Those who are new to greasemonkey , they can refer to first post of this thread for the download link and instructions.

Finally, the script can be downloaded from this location.

*userscripts.org/scripts/show/34010

Let me know if there are any(many) bugs :) .

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Let me know if there are any bugs, the post count thing sucks in the forum for new threads so the popular posts thing will miss some new popular posts.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
btw 130 downloads of the script so far and very few comments.. it will be nice if you post some feedback.

D@rekills4

In the zone
one of the ads still there on the top
Please remove it

This ad
*ds.serving-sys.com/BurstingRes//Site-17187/Type-2/0BE4DC9D-4640-4D85-8195-10A3CBEDFE83.swf

Top Bottom