NAV Update & DivX Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
I have Windows XP Home Edition wid SP2.

Wenever i run Live Update for NAV 2005, it downloads Virus Definitions and then gives this error while installing them: An error occured while downloading updates, pls start Live Update again sometime. This problem has been troublin me for last 7 days.

Also my DivX movies dont play in WMP, they only play for a short time, then they stop but audio keeps on playing. However no such problem is encountered wen i play them in DivX player. I have DivX codec installed in my system, also K-Lite. Wen i convert my DAT files into DivX format using Dr. DivX, encoding graph and other details in first pass stops at 40%, but encoding continues in the back.

Pls Help

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
As for NAV 2005, why dont you try uninstalling and reinstalling the program: Also see this page if it helps

*service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/shar...88256d910062ee02?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

And are you sure you dont have any spyware or malware thats preventing you from updating. Please check for spyware/malware and try updating NAV 2005 via Intelligent Updater. More info on Intelligent Updater here:

*service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav....?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam&src=bar_sch_nam

As for DivX, thats a common problem. Make sure you dont have any background processes running and try NOT to play them in WMP, especially 9 or 10. I dont have a fix for this, but it usually looks like if you play it in the bloatware thats Windows Media Player, it inevitably stutters because of all the things WMP is doing in the background, checking for updates, downloading the latest entertainment information from the website, etc. As for encoding, try using an older version of the DivX codec., that really helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom