N97 LAUNCHED

pawankhanna

Broken In
@saikia
I need to update this firmware....its an important update because this update have:
kinetic scrolling
more free ram...
less hanging issues...
and may be this have some add on features....

kelly

Broken In
Nokia music store give a chance to download 100 free songs....And also enjoy the 30 sec demo before download any song...Download music store on your pc..or direct access with your mobiles using GPRS
*music.nokia.co.in/

[youtube]ENLM_vmz1-Q[/youtube]

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1308/7c5e76647c9943f68ef3eb0f2498001e.jpg

kelly

Broken In
@ followerofkrazzy
i am using wifi and speed is good but...may be on GPRS it takes some time...because normally GPRS speed is 40 kbps max....

@ saikia
Waiting for firmware update version 2.0...but i must say the hardware is outstanding, but the software needs some work. The main problem on my nokia n97 is that it keeps running out of memmory , in short, not enough ram available, the system keeps freezing, too much errors.

shahbose

Right off the assembly line
The Nokia N97 is a quality phone, but it is fair to say that there are a few issues with the launch date. may be nokia cocern on these problems like widget's crashes...usb prob...hanging issues...memory low...and blank display automatically and come back normal....

pawankhanna

Broken In
Firmware v20 will start to roll out next week, with a host of pre-installed apps, new widgets, kinetic scrolling, long press for alternative characters, more free Phone Memory, additional album art and info in the music player and other performance enhancement and bug fixes.

ziha786

Journeyman
Nokia N97 firmware 2.0 is out and available via Nokia Software Updater. Even though this update has User Data Preservation included we recommend you take the following approach to ensure no problems with the software update 2.0 firmware on your Nokia N97.

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1335/75dbeae5a6064bc599ee9d697a619f0b.jpg

How to get the best performance from your firmware 2.0 on Nokia N97:
  • Backup your Nokia N97 on your PC or on Memory card
  • Sync all your data to Microsoft Outlook, Google or OVI
  • Wipe the C: partition of your phone with *#7370# (default password 12345)
  • Update your phone
  • Restore the backup
Good luck and enjoy the new firmware and most importantly the kinetic scrolling on your N97.

pawankhanna

Broken In
Thanks ziha
this is really useful information but i forgot to format my phone,before updating firmware....then its hang on nokia start-up screen....then i'll try many times switch off and switch on....then it will on properly....then i was format my phone and update my firmware version 20....

sdmaverick

Journeyman
Hi Pawan,

Make sure that u hard reset the fone before updating to a newer firmware. Though the N97 has a user data preservence feature which means all data remains intact, still a hard reset makes the fone much faster :p

Cheers!

georgelucy

Broken In
problem to take a call its hang many times....after updating my firmware...is it important to format phone before updating i was not formatted just updated v20...

ziha786

Journeyman
I found that formatting the phone and memory after the 2.0 update made the UI more responsive. Why is this? Surely there should be no need.

kelly

Broken In
N97 smartphone firmware to version 2.0. You can see improved scrolling, which lets users flick through interfaces, Ovi Maps 3.1, Nokia email, Ovi Contacts and Ovi Store. Memory and battery performance have been improved, along with image and video stability.

Some dayz back i heard dt nokia's newest flagship is N97.. bt i dnt think it is nw.. May b its N96.. The new firmware is creating a lot of problems.. :cry:
V20 is pretty much the same functionality as the previos version - just has more kinetic scrolling.

kelly

Broken In
how to update v20 for this product code 0576124...nokia software updater says no updates available for your phone.

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@kelly

the new firmware is probably still not out for ure product code...so just hang in there...will come out sooner or later...or u could just visit a Nokia Care center and get it updated free of charge!

cheers!

Top Bottom