N97 LAUNCHED

tahirkhan687

Right off the assembly line
looks like a useful and fun app :razz:

it's called Midomi, a music search app. can be downloaded from *store.ovi.com/content/6A173A7C0E03220CE040050A85320A88?clickSource=search

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1200/8e7aef7126294d60b185c50bb5b29794.jpg

you can hum a tune or band name and it names the tune. Either way, Midomi’s music browser offers previews, youTube videos.
*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1200/bd129e4082b94a99b9eb8055ab9ac816.jpg

Once you start up Midomi, it’ll ask you for which access point you wish for it to use. Midomi remembers these settings so it wont ask you again.

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1200/c186521020274b29ab6051f26b36dce8.jpg

After that, the main Midomi screen loads up. To begin finding songs, just tap the central icon, and place the N97 near to you and hum the song, or near to where the song you want to know, is playing.

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1200/bab674706c3242bab7522cf4965b88aa.jpg

Midomi listens for the song, and in a matter of seconds, finds you the result. Here we found “Wonderwall” by Oasis.

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1200/4f4a4230fe9f4148874fc7be2edf7fa0.jpg

Once it finds finds your song and artist, Midomi allows you to view videos of the Artist’s other songs, to legally buy the song on the Nokia Music Store, Share the song with your friends, Find the Lyrics to the song, View other songs from the same album, and finally, to find out more information about the Artist.

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1200/fde90d32ebf94854a113d9ac88b8956e.jpg

Finding out other songs from the same Album lists out the entire Track list
Midomi also keeps a history of your searches and bookmarks, so you dont have to worry about forgetting your last find.

There’s also a nice lengthy Help Menu, incase you find yourself wondering what some of those buttons on the screen mean.

it's a free app on Ovi store :razz:

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@Deepakchan

good to know the call divert issue is finally solved :-o

well yes, i am using NMS on the N97 and it shows me my email updates straight on my home screen (using it as a widget)...

what exactly is the problem that ure facing mate? DO let me know in detail so that i can help u out :razz:

For example: If i have to configure gmail accnt, i go to NMS-->then enter username and password-->it will set up Gmail acnct and str8 away show on home screen...just add it as a widget...

Cheers!

ziha786

Journeyman
I want to emphasize to both current N97 users and prospective N97 owners on the importance of updates and Nokia's dedication to their products.

During my review process Nokia had updated the firmware for the N97 from V 11.0.021 (15-06-2009) to V 12.0.024 (04-08-09). This gave the N97 much better response and screen redraw speed throughout the phone. I also ran into less system errors and reboots. To put it simply, the N97 is still a work in progress, much like the N95, and Nokia is two or three firmwares away from a great phone.

Enjoy :)

meryl

Broken In
Many times i just saw the ovi mail presenting by nokia but i can't understand the usage of ovi mail if i already using Gmail account....? pls tell the benefits of ovi mail why i move from gmail to this????

k4ce

Youngling
I want to emphasize to both current N97 users and prospective N97 owners on the importance of updates and Nokia's dedication to their products.

During my review process Nokia had updated the firmware for the N97 from V 11.0.021 (15-06-2009) to V 12.0.024 (04-08-09). This gave the N97 much better response and screen redraw speed throughout the phone. I also ran into less system errors and reboots. To put it simply, the N97 is still a work in progress, much like the N95, and Nokia is two or three firmwares away from a great phone.

Enjoy :)

well thats the case with s60v5 in general ... it would need atleast a few more conprehensive updates before s60v5 provides a consistent experience

@meryl,
i don't think it makes sense to have too many ids. as it is i keep loosing track of em :( but i checked out ovi mail after u posed a question. don;t think it's anything special however there r a few features which stand out. It's completely spam free, that reduces a lot of clutter, also u can use a common login for ovi (i.e. your ovi email id) and it will give u a single dashboard for using other services such as share, maps, games etc. This is simple and useful since it gives access to everything at one place.
*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1236/585710f925a34396a47001be04d5c71f.jpg

another feature i like is the spell check option. it shows all incorrect spellings at one go and gives suggestions when u select each word in multiple languages.
*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1236/d7c101a1d8804854a3bb09d7824a5477.jpg

while other things such as storage, UI are more or less similar to outlook. i particularly liked the spam free feature and UI. gmail can get very confusing at times. since its free i don't mind using it.

*tinyurl.com/lqm7cv

Last edited:

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@Follower of Krazzy

how r u doing mate :twisted: I've got 5 accounts configured on my n97 so i know literally about the confusion part :oops: lol

Yep, as far as my opinion goes, Ovi mail has a really good interface along with certain features that even some of the best like gmail do NOT offer like the completely spam free environment, the added "Share" option in the Ovi account is really useful when u want to upload or embed images...really useful for blogging :-D But, the 1gb storage is kinda limited at the moment and really needs to be increased imho...Will be trying out the Ovi Mail Beta app for my fone...will let u know how it goes 8)

Cheers!

talwar

Broken In
@ follower of krazzy
in ovi mail interesting part that i like is Spell check... never see before in any email service provider. thanks for information:-o

meryl

Broken In
I love to use twitter account with the help of gravity on my mobile but need to know how to log out if i want to login with an another account... i cant found any option
*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1259/1107a9825b6948709279679c6632a1b0.jpg *media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1259/09e47f24242944308a04a924f2d3e1bb.jpg

Download Gravity For Your Mobile

ziha786

Journeyman
Where you can got this price i asked from Nokia Concept Store they says new prices are 30,200/- for this phone. pls re confirm the price...:!:

@Varun

yes, indeed there is a price cut. The n97 is available for 28.5k now here in New Delhi

Cheers!

kwimp

Broken In
is there any live video sharing feature in my phone or there is any new video sharing software to share my videos...

Download Free Insy Tv And Messaging application for video messaging from mobile to mobile.also this is a mobile TV solution, a self-casting application or a simple live video messenger. Share the news, Publish video clips, and enjoy your preferred TV shows.

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1265/cae73b0e6dfa46f4ab38864727937a56.jpg

Insy NLSTV is a video messaging application.Creating new contacts in "Contacts" folder And invite your friends to download and join Insy Tv.

With Insy™ NLSTV you can post public video clips and watch (and rate) video clips published by others. Just film the best scenes and events, upload them for the public view and if they are rated high you will get worldwide audience.

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1265/a2fa3d09011346dd9c48abde1eec41aa.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1265/3e4b205053e54e9fb12933ff91c630cb.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1265/a5818b560d124875b4aefc5b2106a927.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1265/1482da85c1624c42a5eff346d57ea22b.jpg

Download Insy Television & Messaging

is there any live video sharing feature in my phone or there is any new video sharing software to share my videos...

pawankhanna

Broken In
For those of you who sometimes are too busy to sit down & watch a video but prefer to just listen to it with the screen off, here is how to do it.;

If you select the video file from your file manager and play it, then playback will automatically stop whenever you press the side toggle button.

However if you select the video file from your 'videos & TV' selector and play it from there then the video will not automatically stop when you press the side toggle button, but playback will continue and the screen will switch off with the video still playing.

Hope someone will find this useful.

By default this should not be possible since exiting the browser screen means pausing the stream

For those of you who sometimes are too busy to sit down & watch a video but prefer to just listen to it with the screen off, here is how to do it.;

If you select the video file from your file manager and play it, then playback will automatically stop whenever you press the side toggle button.

However if you select the video file from your 'videos & TV' selector and play it from there then the video will not automatically stop when you press the side toggle button, but playback will continue and the screen will switch off with the video still playing.

Hope someone will find this useful.

saikia

Right off the assembly line
Nokia N97 software update 2.0 will be released in the coming weeks. The software update will make your N97 perform even better, improvements.
The software contains many fixes and improvements including:
Improved touch screen scrolling
Ovi Maps 3.1 with 3–D maps
Nokia e-mail, Ovi Contacts, Ovi Store
Improved memory and battery performance
Improved image and video stability

so what you guy's think about this new firmware... is this really important for you or not?

Top Bottom