N95 wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
wi-fi is wireless internet access facility. If u are in a wi-fi enabled spot like a cafe or airport, or u have wireless router at home...u can use ur mobile and connect to net

btw..how much it costs?

azzu

AJJU
nokia n95 an amazin fone with a 5-MEGA PIXEL.excellent sound quality wifi much moore .I think n95 will not be less than 30 k

K

krazyfrog

Its 802.11 b/g with UPnP, if thats what you want to know.

Pathik

Google Bot
most wifi routers support 802.11 g so thats not a problem.. Btw wifi is of no use if u hav gprs

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Can anyone tell me if GPS work in India, I mean does it need subscription or GPRS account or something?

Also can it play the format which iPod plays, the MP4- H264 video format?

Pathik

Google Bot
Nope GPS is different from GPRS and none of the indian operators support it...
GPS means they find ur position using triangulation methods from satellites and relay the info on to a map... so u can see on ur cell where u r or where ur going... u can also get directions and stuff... Google for more

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Cool it Bro I know wat the difference in GPS and GPRS is. Just FYI, I studied some stuff related to satellite communication in graduation and I am also aware that GPS is called the Global Positioning System. I had come in first contact with a GPS locator while an Indian Army Attachemnt camp of NCC in 2001.

I am asking this because if you go through detailed GPS scenario in India you might come to know that GPS user needs to license the device for service.

Moreover Indian government has not official participated in any GPS deployment and installation. So they have to pay for it and hence license. The Indian government is more bent on using the European Galileo Positioning System and Russia's GLONASS positioning System

Why I asked this was if the phone needs to access some web based service to access the info that you are saying will be relayed to the map, because if it catches data directly from GPS sat, it will need to be licensed. As I thought it would be pulling info from the web based service naturally it will need the GPRS or Edge connection.

And wat abt the ipod video format?

Pathik

Google Bot
yup .. It ll need to be licensed.. But that ll be feasible only once the govt commercially makes gps technology available.. Btw it does play mp4.. But dunno abt mp4 encoded wit .h264

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom