n79 users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
1) The camera LED cannot be used as Torch. Using best torch u can only use the Screen as light which isn't enough. One work around is to start recording a video while using LED.

2) The camera isn't that good in low light condition. Xenon flash is indeed better. In full day light or sufficient light, camera is quite good.

3) Firmware cannot be hacked yet due to which you cannot installed unsigned applications.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Camera of n79 and n85 is not in the same league as n82 camera, leave alone xenon flash. I just cant get it. Why these crappy dual led flash setup? They even dont make a substantial difference while video recording leave alone for still photos. After using n82 for 10 or so months, i was completely dissappointed by n85 dual led flash which is better than n79 dual led flash.

And why no app to use those leds as torch light? and one more stupid thing. When u selece those leds to turn on during video recording , they dont just come on ,u have to start video recording for those leds to glow. Now imagine urself video recording in dark? U just wont know what ur going to record. Those leds are only useful if ur recording in dark . That's the only practical advantage of this dual led setup over xenon flash of n82. And guess what the upcoming n86 again has these dual leds instead of proper xenon flash. I know those are third generation dual leds but i am still not convinced about them.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Camera of n79 and n85 is not in the same league as n82 camera, leave alone xenon flash. I just cant get it. Why these crappy dual led flash setup? They even dont make a substantial difference while video recording leave alone for still photos. After using n82 for 10 or so months, i was completely dissappointed by n85 dual led flash which is better than n79 dual led flash.

I agree. Nokia N82's camera & flash is better then Nokia N79. The only thing which matters a lot to "me" now due to which I would chose Nokia N79 over Nokia N82 is the keypad & better looks.

The best setup would like the one on SE C901. A xenon flash & one LED. This way the camera can be used with Xenon flash, while during video recording or Torch the single LED flash starts.

Nokia won't make a perfect phone due to marketing reasons.

And why no app to use those leds as torch light?

2 things which my K750i had which my Nokia N79 doesn't which I miss a lot is

1) Using the camera LED as torch light
2) Using the phone as a Bluetooth remote control to control Media Center, Windows Media Player etc

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ i agree. After using both I recommend N82 to anyone who can bear the keypad & looks. They r not that bad, but don't look good to me atleast. Black version looks half decent...

Here are the reason you should buy Nokia N82 over N79

1) Dual Core CPU
2) Dedicated GPU
3) Xenon Flash based camera
4) Hackable firmware

Here are the reason you should buy Nokia N79 instead

1) Easy to use keypad
2) Much better looks.

Now we all know that when it comes to real world usage, a keypad & good looks matter more then a camera. I agree, Xenon Flash is better cos 90% of the pictures we take from digicam r indoor, but more then taking a pic we use the phone as a phone in which case N79 is better.

N82 is like PC, very powerful from inside but ugly looking hardware while N79 is like Mac Pro , not that good from the inside but looking :Dgreat.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This just in....I was wrong. nokia N79 does have a good camera, even with Dual LED flash.

All the pics I took with my phone has been on automatic settings. But yesterday, I took some pics from my phone at manual user defined settings & the pics were exceptional better then previous. If you are taking an indoor pic with N79, make sure u change the settings to Night Portrait & Flash to Red Eye. Now take a pic without shaking hands & it will come out really good.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I read an article at Cnet asia... a comparision between xenon and dual led...dual led dosent seem that bad...check it
*asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/0,39050603,62047512,00.htm

rajhot

S60 rocks
@Gx, N79 can be hacked.

//2) Using the phone as a Bluetooth remote control to control Media Center, Windows Media Player etc///

This is also possible i think through some 3rd party BT applications

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^

1) I don't want to hack it, that's the thing.

2) Yup, I am using Vectir 2.0 beta on Windows Vista & Windows 7. After configuring, it is working flawlessly. I am controlling WMP11, WMP12, & Media Center.

GreyGhost

Right off the assembly line
Hello ppl,
Normally you shouldn't be using the camera LED as flashlight(atleast not for long durations) if you care enough to not damage it..
But you can find some app which will let you do that i suppose ..

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
This just in....I was wrong. nokia N79 does have a good camera, even with Dual LED flash.

All the pics I took with my phone has been on automatic settings. But yesterday, I took some pics from my phone at manual user defined settings & the pics were exceptional better then previous. If you are taking an indoor pic with N79, make sure u change the settings to Night Portrait & Flash to Red Eye. Now take a pic without shaking hands & it will come out really good.

This night portrait trick is very old dude..i have been using it since n73 ..that is the only way to get decent pictures indoors with led flash phones..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom