Status
Not open for further replies.

chinawall

Broken In
HI

What u guys say about N78? is it good one? anybody using it? I am planning to go for it in coming days. Other suggestions in the same price range are also welcome:)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
N78's keypad sucks and that too big time.

As suggested by Pathik, Nokia 5800 XM will be a better option in 18K if you're planning to buy a mobile soon. :)

casanova

The Frozen Nova
N78 is a good phone with nice battery, great music quality and great network reception. The keypad is a bit painful at the start but anyone can get used to it. I would prefer if you don't buy it so that we get all the glares. :D

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
N78 is a good phone with nice battery, great music quality and great network reception. The keypad is a bit painful at the start but anyone can get used to it. I would prefer if you don't buy it so that we get all the glares. :D

+1 Me too using N78. Keypad is not that bad as it looks. Only probs is the placement of CLEAR key. Too dificult to reach using thumb if you are right handed

PaulBarber

Broken In
I have an N78...great phone...lot of features...S60 FP2 with good GPS + FM transmitter, really 3.2MP good camera..etc
Keypad is not bad..just needs some getting used to (if you're used to big keys). Not a problem

Only 2 downsides I felt are
1) Build quality - feels poorly built. Panel gaps are there and when the phone vibrates, there's some additional 'brrr' vibrating sound from the panel...irritating. I'm missing the usual rock solid build quality that's typical of Nokia phones. Do check out the phone at some showroom..u'll know what I'm talking about.
2) Looks like it's scratch prone. Glossy finish looks great, but the back panel especially looks like it'll get scratched easily. Front surface is a fingerprint magnet.

Other than these 2 issues, the phone's really great.

OP
chinawall

chinawall

Broken In
thanks for sharing ur thoughts ,and after i read all ur views i am starting to like the phone even more :D

The thing is i have got some very good offers for my 4 month old 6233. And as i already have E51 i thought incase i sold it and get a new one i should get something better or near to it atleast. then i found N78 .

BTW any other suggestions? budget is 10-15k. its not that the mobile has to be more priced to be good, so it could be 5320 XM also( as i have got a wifi set already thats not important) the main thing is the set has to be hardy and good one ( good signal reception/good battery backup/ also nice features/3G also:D) so at present i sorted out this two. so keeping in mind about my preferences can u guys suggest something from other brands also? as i am not so well informed about SE and samsung/moto.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom