n73: Memory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
I have a n73me V 4.0736.3.2.1

My internal memory is 44Mb, suddenly from yesterday, I've been getting a status msg of my memory being full, I have to free some of it and I did everything possible i.e i searched for it all in the official forums, i dont know if i can do this, but the link to that thread is here - *discussions.nokia-asia.com/discuss...nes&message.id=125017&query.id=403972#M125017

@Mods - Please excuse my ignorance and dont delete/ban me for posting that link, i just wanted to tell the members what all i did.

Even now my phone is having the problem, could some one help me please. I cant even get msg's or store new numbers.

Coool

I'm Back!:D
switch off the phone....
press Green key,* key,3 key and press power on/off together...this will formate the phone memory....

rajhot

S60 rocks
Restart ur mobile once and check it. If the prob still exists soft reset ur device using the following key *#7780#

OP
Drizzling Blur

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
Trying it right now, thanks a lot for suggestions guys.

switch off the phone....
press Green key,* key,3 key and press power on/off together...this will formate the phone memory....

No pal, did not work, 3 key = #3 on the button pad right ?

@rajhot - I typed that and the phone automatically switched off and re-booted, still the problem persists.

:(

It's an n73me btw ! Sorry for not mentioning it earlier.

1.) press *#7370# or *#7780#
2.) press hold *3 and call button then press ON

*#7370# worked for me.

Thanks a lot guys for ur help, i really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
The "memory full" message is about RAM and not internal memory. Use "killme" app
Download it here: KILLME

Kill all the "removable processes"
Check your RAM using using "Handy Taskman"

devilinearth

www.system86.blogspot.com
Another option is this...I've tried this and it really worked,,
well, that problem is about huge file size of "lifeblog db" file in phones internal memory.
suddenly internal memory falls to 144k due to the large lifeblog.db file in
c:\data\lifeblog\database\ .which u cant delete for now... Just follow this instructions carefully,,,
1) download and install the following applications:
a) Jbaktaskman v.99
b) X-plore v1.22
2. open jbtaskman and go to Tools > Processes and look for "LifeblogDBSERVER.exe" file and kill the process
3. now u can go to c:\data\lifeblog\database\ and delete lifeblog.db file
to free memory.
4. now restart phone and repeat step 2
5. again go to c:\data\lifeblog\database\ and change the attributes of lifeblog.db file to 'hidden' and 'read only' using xplore.
6. again restart phone and search for LifeblogDBSERVER.exe using jbtaskman. hopefully it wont be there to cause any further troubles. ! !
Good Luck !

OP
Drizzling Blur

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
Oh thanks guys, do you suggest i remove/delete the Lifeblog application once and for all ? I do not use it anyways.

sam_52136

Sammy..
Hey dude before you do all the stuff mentioned above, please do one thing and that is go to your LOG.
There you'll have Recent calls, call duration and packet data...
Just move one step toward right side and you can see all the activity like sms and calls...
Now in there select OPTIONS then Clear Log then select Yes
I had the same problem and got it cleared by this method..! hope it will help you and please the next time keep clearing your LOG or set the LOG duration to a minimum time

Let me know if that worked...

sam_52136

Sammy..
Even i used to have the same Issue earlier. But after updating the firmware i have never faced the Memory Low Problem.

Ya buddy but this also deletes your files right..
I had this problem because my LOG was set to 1month, so there was all junk stored since one month and had no more room, this is realized it when i cleared my log.
And almost instantly my mobile sprang to life..! :D

OP
Drizzling Blur

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
Hey guys, I have a problem again, the same phone. The same error message.

I tried *#7370# and nothing happened, my phone's not formatted, the memory problem still persists. What can I do about this ?

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
if *#7370# does not work, try unistalling apps from the application manager. there might be some applications running in the background, use Jbtaskman or handy taskman to end those applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom