Status
Not open for further replies.

joshi_ban

Broken In
hi. this is my first Posting in this forum.
Well i had Lg G1800, a best cell phone and i have n6600 (advance phone) now i have shifted to nokia 6680, another advanced phone. but i am facing some problems.
I use Mobile office. Use it as a Modem aslo. For Net connection its the best, gives upto 16kB/sec. (not always)
but the main problem is that when i use MO from the cellphone itself, with opera, it shows MEMORY FULL error. this never happened in my n6600.
is it because of the internal RAM??? Think 6680 is advance cell than n6600, so why m getting such problem.
My friends are using n6681 and n6630, even they are GPRS users, all are facing the same problem
is there any way to get rid of this??? i am really surpeised to see this malfunction is these advance smart phone (as called by nokia)

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Welcome to the forum

What exactly it shows the error can you tell?
I use it .. never got such message

OP
joshi_ban

joshi_ban

Broken In
hay Mobile Geek.
I use opera 8.6, agile messenger and many more advance softwares in both 6600 and 6680. unlike in 6600, 6680 shows 'MEMORY FULL" eror, when you use more than one application. even same case with my friends 6681 and 6630. it is really shoking that it is new model than 6600, then why these have MEMORY error>>> sometimes even it shows Memory full, please close some application.
heard it is because of Memory leak, how to find out??? even my friend has changed the firmware and even the mmc to 256 mb. still the problem exists...

PLEASE HELP

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
may be u are running too many applications

1. Run app manager or FExplorer 1.16 in that go to tasks and kill the unnecessary software running.
2. uninstall the software that you dont use.
tell us what applications you hav installed in phone.
& dont use red button to exit any aplication
also mmc .. which co. is it

Last edited:
OP
joshi_ban

joshi_ban

Broken In
thnks for reply

well i installed Fexplorer 1.3, i found out that the RAM of 6680 is very low. it shows around 5.5 - 6 Mb. Where as RAM of 6600 is more than 7mb.

When i run opera, the available would be around less than 2 mb, so because of that m not able to run any other apps.

is there any other apps that can solve this prob???

my installed apps are

Opera 8.6
Agile messenger
key locker
file man
f explorer
office premium
yahoo go
symentic security
minute beep
few games
few ring tones
thats it.

and my n6600 (right now with my girlfren) has more apps than this. has many mp3 and many more.

Please Help to solve this MEMORY FULL error

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
hey I got bussy so replyin late ..

anyways

which keylocker you using?

n you can try may earlier version of opera 8.0 or 6.3 or opera mini

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
and install FExplorer 1.15 atleast or 1.16b *www.gosymbian.com/dhscr/download/dwl_fe_beta.php?name=FExplorer

there u will hav option to kill the unrequired task

.. n tell me
which keylocker you using?

digital_mech

Broken In
Here are few suggestions from me:
1. Uninstall any applications that you have installed in phone memory. Install all apps on mem card.

2.In message settings, choose mem card as storage space for messages.

3. Dont run any other apps while using opera.

4. In opera>settings> for show images option choose cached images instead of all images.

5. Try using Thunderhawk browser.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
switch off ur cell then remove the battery then after 5 seconds put the battery and switch on and then run the application

else u got the wrong version of software installed on ur fone

OP
joshi_ban

joshi_ban

Broken In
HAy guys, thanks for youe help. Well specially to mobilegeek for giving the link.
well i really dont know the name of the key lock. and opera 8 and lower is not that good. they have bugs so ...
any ways, i have downloaded few memory tester and monitor softwares, and analysed it thoroghly. My conclusion is that, the Nokia Smart Multimedia phones like 6680, 81 and 30 are smart only for dumbo people. for the advance users like me and u, think should dump this and go for those cell which has high RAM,

Heard N70 has got high ram, that must be good.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
@joshi_ban.. u said dat ur nokia 6600 is havin ~7m of free ram but thatz impossibl!... cuz da total onbrd memory of n6600 is 6 mb... so u c... its not possibl!

OP
joshi_ban

joshi_ban

Broken In
hay i am talking about RAM not the internal memory. i checked using memory monitor and fexplorer.

well think on board memory and ram is different. just like in pc, even thoug ur hard drive is of 40 gb, the RAM will be only 256 or 512 MB.

any ways, thanks...anybody wanna buy my 6680, just a month used, black. i paid 15500.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
What the hell .. you are selling ur phone great

.. by the way use uninstall the keylock & install this freeware

OP
joshi_ban

joshi_ban

Broken In
hay mobile geek. thanks for the software, its simple and useful.
lets see....well dont have any Ngage files installed.

are u also using 6680???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom