MyBB installing

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vaibhavtek

Hi Friends,

How to install MyBB 1.2.9 in the localhost i.e by using apache+mysql+php (latest verson).:confused: :confused:

I have done all work but how to connect MyBB with MySQL so that it stores username, password etc etc.:( :(

I had already installed all apache+mysql+php but how to install MyBB 1.2.9 pls help.

I am trying to make my own site which has forum installed of MyBB not PhpBB or V Bulletin.

Awaiting for reply and help.:(

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
You mean on your home PC?
Even I had tried it but I could not succeed.
Later I learnt that we should first create a databse using PHP MY ADMIN and create table and all those stuff!

But if you want to install it on your site, its breeze easy.
Just create a new database, new user and its password and fill in the details during installtion!

din

Tribal Boy
Install this

That is the BEST tool available in the world if you are new to php / mysql /phpmyadmin etc :)

If they provide the sql file, you can import that in phpmyadmin. In which step you are finding difficulty ?

Also, the default user of mysql (local) is root and password is blank (just an empty string -"") if you are installing XAMPP.

Post the error that you get while you install.

@rohan_shenoy

The above tool wil make it very simple and easy for you to manage everything in your local PC.

OP
V

vaibhavtek

sucessfully installed MyBB 1.2.9 with the help of XAMMP.:cool:
thanks din and other users who had replied. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom