My system doesn't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
When I played age of mythology day before yesterday (thats the onlly game i play and i couldnt check with others) within a few minutes the systems started getting stuck once every few minutes. It used to do that even while playing songs before but that was once every 5 minutes or so. Within about half an hours it started getting stuck a lot like about once 2 seconds or so and then completely got hung. Fine. So I restarted. but the funny thing was the cpu got on, the fans were working and the dvd drive was coming in and out on pressing the eject button and even the keyboard lights started up as normal. But there was no display on the monitor. I tried unpluggin the monitor and hte no signal sign came up. So I guess the monitor was fine.
I logged a complaint with my service provider and the engineer came yesterday but when he started the system, it started up normally. We chatted for quite some time and the system was working fine. He left and I started AOM. Within half an hour the same problem recurred and the system went down. I was curious and opened up the system. I touched the aluminium spikes next to the processor and found that it was very hot. I am assuming that it is the reason the computer is getting stuck while using cpu intensive applications. The engineer is completely flummoxed. Please advise.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
ilugd said:
I touched the aluminium spikes next to the processor and found that it was very hot.

Bang on target...

But my frnd u forget to mention the main thing :lol: your System Config :lol:

anyway, I suppose u have one E2140 right ?? those are ment to run very cool... so, do one thing, refer to this thread, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64388

Download those Temparature testing software and run the test mentioned, so we could actually see whats the system temp you are having... for example for those E2140 bellow 60c is fine.. as for normal the E2140 i have seen runs at around Room Temparature !!!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^

Then as its time you call the service person again.. !!! before that, some time cleaning the rams and changing the slot helps.. do that also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom