My Ram Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
I have a Intex Computer, with Processor of 3.06 GHz, P4, Intel Inside, with Windows XP SP2, and I have two SD RAM each of 256 MB which in together should be 512 MB but I get only 409 MB Ram when I check my properties. Why is that? How can I utilized all the 100% of my RAM?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Rest memory is used by your graphics adapter.
You can't utilize to full, though.

But you can reduce the amount allocated to graphics from the BIOS.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
By the way, I am new to this world of Computer so, what is Graphics Adapter or people says it graphics card. Where can I find it in my system?

pranavrules2007

I Sell Brains,Any Buyers?
From your details there above, i think you have to be using Intel Original Motherboards and not other chipsets. Just press F2 or del on your keyboard and go into your setup. Then go to the advanced tab and go to the video adapter option and reduce the memory used to a lower one like 4MBs rather than 32MBs. CAUTION: THIS WILL AFFECT YOUR PC'S PERFORMANCE IN GAMING. YET IT WILL IMPROVE THE NORMAL EFFICIENCY OF YOUR COMPUTER

Regards,
Pranav

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
If it effect the performance of my gaming then I better be happy with what I have right now. I don't wanna get bored. Thanks anyways.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Whatever you see on the screen is processed by the video card. You might be having an intel 865/915/965 adapter or others like ATI radeon, Nvidia etc onboard.
Those onboard ones use the system memory to process. This is allocated by the system.
In your case, some 100 MB is allocated. You can make it 64 Mb if you like, but at the cost of display perfomance.

The more the graphics memory, the better your games will be.

Last edited:
OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Uhmm...Thanks and keep me teaching more which you think I should know ya....I will be happy to know more about Computer....
Lucky_star said:
Whatever you see on the screen is processed by the video card. You might be having an intel 865/915/965 adapter or others like ATI radeon, Nvidia etc onboard.
Those onboard ones use the system memory to process. This is allocated by the system.
In your case, some 100 MB is allocated. You can make it 64 Mb if you like, but at the cost of display perfomance.

The more the graphics memory, the better your games will be.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i have 1 gb ram and an ati radeon X1600 pro 256 mb gfx card yet my sys only shows 960mb ram. why? i'm not sharing any ram with my gfx card

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I have one ponit.
RAM manufactures consider 1000KB=1MB
But XP calculate 1024=1MB

So,system property shows less RAM than inatalled RAM.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
xbonez said:
i have 1 gb ram and an ati radeon X1600 pro 256 mb gfx card yet my sys only shows 960mb ram. why? i'm not sharing any ram with my gfx card

do you have a sound card? you maybe sharing RAM for the integrated sound, if not the case, yeah what ravi_9793 said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom