My phone needs a Re-Install!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Application access problem had plagued me since eternity. God knows what sin i had committed in my past life that the phone i bought came with a particular quirk. I couldn't set my Application Access to "Allow" or "Ask first time only" .These settings are always greyed out.

So i looked around for help on the net. Neither Chip nor Digit forum could provide any help, so i went to other sites and i came upon-
*forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=423283

I did whatever the poster instructed me to, did some hexing and editing.

However i ended with a new problem. Now NONE of my APPs can have Application Access.

Even when set the settings to "Ask Everytime" it still says "Application access set to not Allowed"
Now i cant use Opera Mini or File Explorer

GRRRRR.

Now that my Phone OS is pretty much FCKKed up, i am thinking if i can RE-INSTALL my OS.

Can i give my phone a fresh new install? I have data cable

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Am using Nokia 6233 on Series40 3rd Edition. Someone in Chip forum told em to download the Nokai Updater software. Will it fix my problems??

Now i got new problem, i Used Nokia updater and got my phone a fresh install, and whenever i connect my pgone to the PC it says- Nokia Device Bus connected in NON COMPATIBLE MODE

WTF man!! Anybody got a solution?

Last edited:

chinawall

Broken In
ya simply go to nokia care and install the latest firmware. It is also possible to update using nokia care suite or phoenix and getting the offline firmware but its always better to let Nokia care people do that job:D
Btw i am using 6233 latest firmware, everything is fine so far.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Btw i am using 6233 latest firmware, everything is fine so far.
Do you have application access problem? Can yous set you apps to "Always Allow" in Application access settings?? Can u run every app like MobiExplorer or FileExplorer??

And how long will it take for my phone to get serviced. If all they will do is update my phone OS, its not gonna help.

I downloaded the Nokia Software Updater, reformatted my Memory Card, gave my phone a fresh install.

Not only does the same problem persist , but now i got this- "Nokia Device Bus connected in NON COMPATIBLE MODE
" problem.

chinawall

Broken In
HMN :( its not allowed, i cannot access fileexplorer . anyway i have some other applications which are running fine. Maybe this type of softwares which acces to system files wont be allowed in anycase....:(
ok in mycase its not a problem as i dont use much softwares in 6233. Still i feel the best thing is to take it to Nokia Care. Although upgrading firmware wont help in this case, still its them who can really help you :)

goodluck!

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
hmm, all i have is the reciept of my purchase and the Nokia box. However, i dont know any Nokia Care nearby. Will any mobile repair shop be able to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom