My Phenom X3 Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ye yea .. Phenom II OC very good .. But until I get it I must exploit my Phenom X3 :p

System :

AMD Phenom X3 8650 default speed 2.3 ghz
Jetway Ha07 790 GX board..
4 Gb Transcend 800 @ 4-4-4
640 WD AAKS
Thermaltake M9
Sunbeam CCF 120mm
POV 500W SMPS :)

Did a 3+ghz :) Will push more I guess... Currently doing stability test.. Will post benchs later :)

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/32346_ruqf8/Untitled.jpg

Didn't thought I can do 3ghz+ one a 6k board :p I know 3ghz isn't something too much to brag about .. Just getting started with it :p prolly end up with 3.4 I guess

Validation CPU-Z Validator 3.0

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
no dont go above it , 3 'll do more fine

it is advice that AMD phenom 920 & 940 to be overclocked to 3.5 last with stock cooler

if u r Ocing with Sunbeam CCF 120 , 3Ghz is good too good ,, the new proccy boss !!!

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Its not Phenom II brother.. Its Phenom :p I will push it til 3.3 or 3.2 and will stop at that :p

Afaik there no such limit.. I had seen reviews with 3.6 on stock :p Phenom II can do 4ghz+ on decent cooler :)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
You probably not doing it right.. .Reduce the HT Speed [Either Ht Multiplier or HT FSB] to 1ghz .. disable Cool and Quite, Spread Spectrum, .. reduce the Ram speed to the lowest possible , increase the Vcore 1'st by 0.02V the increase the FSB :)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Level :p 1'st try to OC on stock voltage.. You have to increase voltage for stability.. Try increasing by 0.02 v ..and slowly increase OC.. I ma using 1.30V :p

Please note do not push volts on stock cooler..

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Can you please tell me if your board supports Phenom II and has all options for overclocking unlocked in BIOS.. I'm planning to upgrade to Phenom II X4 940... and i think that Jetway would be perfect for it.. i've a Jetway Mobo with AMD 4400 X2 Processor..

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
jetway or biostar 790gx chipset mobo do the best OCing

i know one guy with AMD phenom 2 940 OCed to 4.4ghz with thermalright ultima , its a black edition

gr8 one

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Can you please tell me if your board supports Phenom II and has all options for overclocking unlocked in BIOS.. I'm planning to upgrade to Phenom II X4 940... and i think that Jetway would be perfect for it.. i've a Jetway Mobo with AMD 4400 X2 Processor..

Yes bro. Its a 790 GX with support for Phenom II both AM2+ and AM3 out of the box :)

A piece of advice try getting Jetway HA07 Ultra instead of this one .. The Ul has heatpipe and onboard DDR3 memory for inbuilt graphcs ;) *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153125

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
thanx dude.. you made my day.. now i only need its official price in India.. let me search for it.. and the board is awesome..

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
The board I have retials for 6.3k inclusive of all taxes. .The Ultra version isn't available in India I guess.. You can ask Katmandude of Techenclave to bring it for you.. No problem with warranty and all the stuff :) I will ask him to ship one for me :)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Hey darky.. i read in Techenclave that you're against Jetway HA 07 board that you've.. coz it doesn't supports booting from USB.. does the new model i mean ultra one supports it?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom