My newly purchased Lumia 930 broke

I purchased my Lumia 930 in November 1, 2014. But it accidentally slipped from my hands, when I was taking it from my pocket, fell on the solid tiles and there are 2 big cracks on the screen. The screen is completely malfunctioning and dead.

However, when I purchased my Lumia, the dealer got it insured from New India Insurance. But when I call, their customer care department is always busy. When they gave me option to press 1 for call back, I haven't received a call, its been 16 hours now. When I went to their website, and chat with their staff, they simply said that I have to visit the nearest office.

Can someone tell me a channel or source, through which I can get my product replaced in minimum frame of time? I've read their policies and these are their scopt and expulsions.

Scope

The policy for mobile phones provides cover against
1. Fire.
2. Riot, strike, malicious damage and terrorist activities.
3. Theft.
4. Accident.
5. Fortuitous circumstances.

Exclusions

Exclusions under the mobile phone insurance policy are
1. Mysterious disappearance.
2. Theft from unattended vehicles, except from fully enclosed car that is securely locked.
3. Theft, loss or damage during the hire or loan to a third party.
4. Mechanical and electronic breakdown or derangement.
5. Overloading and experimentation involving imposition of any abnormal conditions.
6. Damage by wear and tear, vermin, atmospheric or climatic condition or gradual deterioration, inherent defect or from any process of cleaning, repairing or maintenance.
7. Loss or damage due to war or nuclear perils, loss by water or from any water borne craft.
8. Intentional or willful act of the insured party.

Now, does my case comes into the 4th category of Scope, that is "Accident" or the 4th Category of Exclusions, that is "Mechanical and electronic breakdown or derangement.". It simply slipped from my hands, when I took it out from the pocket. Do I have to make a fake story, that I was talking on the phone, but was hit by a bike, in order to show it an accident?

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Well, they called me on Tuesday, have even provided me claim number. But they said that they will ask mail me a form, which I have to fill, and return the soft copy, with a soft copy of invoice and the insurance. But they haven't mailed me anything. My biggest worry is, Its been more than 60 days, once its crosses 90 days, then I have to pay 15% of the device cost. Is there any 3rd party, who can deal with these lazy bums and pressurize to get my issue resolved?

$hadow

Geek in making
I don't think so that you have to pay 15% since you have filed the complaint much earlier.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
On Saturday, they the insurance people took it. Do not know how much time they will take. But the agent said that I have to continuously remind them through email, otherwise they will keep on delaying. Anyways I have to pay 5% of the overall repair / replacement cost, that is their terms and condition

VINIT VATSAL

Right off the assembly line
If they fail to honour their commitment, tell them that you will move to the consumer court. In the meantime, try to contact someone higher up the order in the insurance company by email.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
If they fail to honour their commitment, tell them that you will move to the consumer court. In the meantime, try to contact someone higher up the order in the insurance company by email.

I received an SMS that there is some shortfall and minutes later I received an SMS stating, that they have received my documents. Its such an embrassing to deal with these insurance people.

Where can I find the contact info of some senior officer?

- - - Updated - - -

Shortwhile I received an SMS from universal life insurace stating that my documents have been received. But when I check my status online, I still see the message "Claim Documents Pending"

Top Bottom